☀️ Highlights ☀️
- Chameleon is SaaS for product teams to create in-product UX (modals, banners, checklists, microsurveys etc.) to drive user engagement.
- We’re a remote-first VC-backed backed startup and currently ~25 folks distributed across the Americas and Europe. Learn more about our team, company, and culture
- Seeking a Content Marketing Writer with 2+ years experience to create compelling, accessible, and shareable content to grow awareness amongst the product community living in Americas/Europe
- Salary: $55-90k + equity at a fast, growing startup. Other benefits include home office budget, company offsite, and more (e.g. health insurance and 401k for US-based folks)
- Our application process is different to others — we think interviewing isn’t the best way for either party to assess fit, so we try to resemble working together and collaborating.
What You Will Do Specifically
Your goal will be to increase ToFu traffic and signups through exceptional content. We work in two-week sprint cycles at Chameleon and each one will differ, but here’s the scope of what you’ll be doing:
- Creating new articles for the blog based on SEO goals, requests from the internal team, and customer feedback
- Optimizing existing content to ensure we continue to rank highly for competitive keywords
- Tracking the performance of your work and sharing learnings with the marketing and sales teams
- Creating downloadable content to accompany high-performing blog content; eBooks, checklists, cheatsheets, and email courses are some materials we’ve tried already
- Working on website copy for paid and organic landing pages
- Building out and managing a high-performing content calendar in collaboration with our Head of Content
- Giving feedback and offering guidance to other writers on the team
- Working with freelancers to provide direction, maintain the Chameleon ToV, and coordinate content briefs
- Ensuring our social calendar is full of all the great content, events, and company updates we have to share
Skills and Experience That Will Aid Success in This Role
- 2+ years experience as a freelancer or employed content writer within the SaaS space with a portfolio of examples and campaigns
- Ability and interest to write intelligently and in-depth (including technical concepts) on our core topics: product-led growth, UX, user psychology, user onboarding, SaaS, etc.
- A strong understanding of SEO and how to incorporate effective SEO into content
- Knowledge of SEO-optimization tools (Ahrefs, SurferSEO, Search Console)
- Excellent understanding of the needs of our audience (comprising technical product managers, product marketers, and other product operators) and how that shapes the tone, style, and content we produce.
- Reliability and commitment to publishing high-quality content on time
- A love for writing and storytelling!
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You live in an Americas or European timezone (e.g. in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇬🇧 🇫🇮 🇵🇹 )
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English