Siege Media is a growing and remote-first content marketing agency! We were nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Content Marketing Specialist to help us continue to deliver great content for our world-class clients.
Perks for United States residents include 100% health, vision and dental benefits, 50% 401k match up to 6% of your salary, donation matching, career development training, unlimited PTO, work-from-home equipment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories
- Generate creative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Have a firm grasp on writing effective titles for the press
- Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Experience running high volume email outreach campaigns (100 emails/week) and ability to manage responses
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Copywriting or blogging experience
- 2-4 years experience working in an agency or similar marketing environment
- Basic to Intermediary SEO knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
- 1-2 years experience working with the press, reporters, or national/international news outlets
The salary range for this position is $52,000.00-$62,000.00 DOE. You will also be eligible for a profit-sharing bonus depending on personal and team performance, although this is not guaranteed.
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Two relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words)