Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
We are seeking a business and tech-savvy storyteller to help us drive awareness and engagement with Verkada. The right candidate for this role is a strong writer and collaborative editor who brings creativity, project management, and a results-driven mindset to the table.
At Verkada, the brand marketing team tells the stories that create emotional connections with our customers, employees, and Partners. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to shape the narrative of who we are and bring our stories to life.
This role is office-based.
- Collaborate with various teams to own Verkada’s content strategy
- Write high-quality, thought-provoking content in various formats: videos, whitepapers, e-books, research reports, blog posts, customer stories, SEO articles, and more.
- Execute content projects from start to finish, including: Project management (kickoff, timelines, review), writing, researching (i.e. SEO keywords or subject matter), and editing content, managing internal stakeholder input to ensure quality and alignment, and ensuring a robust distribution strategy for each content asset.
- Provide editorial expertise and content best practices to cross-functional partners across the marketing organization.
- Create content that will capture and keep attention for both enterprise, executive audiences as well as security industry professionals.
- Track key metrics for content marketing success; regularly evaluate how content is performing in terms of views, keyword rankings, conversions, etc.
- BA in journalism, English, communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of proven content marketing experience, specifically executing a program to build awareness and deliver qualified leads.
- Samples of engaging marketing materials such as web page content, e-books, blog posts, case studies, videos, infographics, emails, etc.
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment managing multiple workstreams end-to-end.
- Excellent copyediting, communication & project management skills.
- Experience with SEO best practices and keyword research is a plus.
- Experience using analytics to determine the impact and effectiveness of content programs is a plus.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.