Geckoboard is a growing product company on a mission — we’re enabling a fresh way of working and transforming the way businesses achieve their goals by making their most important data visible, understandable, and inspiring for teams.
We’re looking for a talented Content Marketing Manager to help us ramp up our content marketing efforts. Your remit will be to grow brand awareness, and trial signups, by leading our content efforts.
Content marketing is a core part of our overall marketing strategy. Over the years we’ve explored a variety of formats and themes. Recently we’ve begun expanding our content efforts with some good results (including tripling traffic to our blog in the past 6 months).
However, we think there’s a huge opportunity to take things up another gear, and that’s where you come in.
As our only dedicated Content Marketing Manager you will be responsible for our content strategy as well as the actual production and execution of it. However, you’ll have the support of the rest of the marketing team and you’ll also have the remit to bring in freelancers and agencies where appropriate.
You'll take on responsibility for leading our overall content strategy, but to help you hit the ground running, we've identified some clear opportunities to get started with.
Written content is our most important medium, but we’re open to exploring any channel that proves effective. So, for example, if you have previous experience in video content, podcasting or another area there’s opportunity to capitalise on that.
As a company we’re not interested in churning out mediocre content just to keep the SEO robots happy. We aspire for everything we produce to be genuinely useful. Education is a core part of our overall mission to make data more accessible teams hit their goals.
While our main goal is to drive awareness and signups a secondary goal is for Geckoboard’s marketing team to be renowned for content marketing excellence alongside names like Moz, Intercom, and Zendesk.
- You’re an excellent writer and have a strong eye for what makes effective content - whatever the format.
- You think about content strategically and use data to identify opportunities and evaluate what’s effective.
- You have a firm grasp of SEO fundamentals and keep up to speed with best practices.
- You’re able to engage with our audience and with the topics that interest them. We don’t expect you to start out an expert on the dashboards, KPIs, and management best practices but you need to be able to immerse yourself with the subject, and experts, so that you can create engaging useful content.
- You’re a self starter, who’s able to execute on multiple projects at once, and deliver against deadlines through a mixture of creating content yourself, collaborating with others in the marketing team, and using agencies / freelancers.
- Bonus: if you have worked in a similar role for a B2B company (we know there are great candidates from other backgrounds too).
You’ll also be a key member of our wider marketing team, and contribute to our overall marketing strategy.
Day to day
Although each day will be different, here’s an example of what some of the day-to-day tasks you'll be working on could include:
- Compiling a series of blog posts to attack search intent for keywords we’re not already ranking for.
- Researching and writing long-form content such as ebooks or whitepapers, aimed at the top of the funnel to generate interest and demand.
- Interviewing industry experts (or Geckoboard team members!) and extracting insights to turn into blogs and articles for our customer base.
- Optimising existing web content and pages to make them work harder at attracting and converting new leads.
Work your best
When there’s not a pandemic going on, most of our team split their week between our London office and working remotely, while some work fully remote from around the globe.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, our office remains closed and everyone on the team is working from home presently. We’re unlikely to open the office in the short term, but are keeping a close eye on the situation and guidance. We plan to open our office only when it’s safe to do so again.
We're big on being a flexible workplace. Day-to-day we have core hours and allow you to decide how you work around that. We consider 25 days of holiday a year to be a minimum, not a maximum, and have a flexible working policy so that if you need to step out for a school run, an appointment now and again, or something else, it's no problem. Some of our team also have shorter working weeks and we’re more than happy to try to accommodate this or another arrangement when possible. Learn more about life at Geckoboard at www.geckoboard.com/careers
For this position, we’re happy whether you want to work in the office, a hybrid, or fully remotely so long as you have at least three hours overlap between 10:00 - 16:00 London time. We're also able to provide sponsorship and relocation to London, just let us know in the application that's what you're looking for.
The interview process usually takes about 3 weeks end to end, but we’re flexible and will do our best to accommodate timings that will work for you. As you progress through the stages, your Talent Partner will share feedback and information on what to expect/prepare for.