Global Knowledge is the world’s leading IT and business skills training provider. Offering the most relevant and timely content delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the world with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods and formats to accelerate their success. Our business skills solutions teach essential communications skills, business analysis, project management, ITIL® service management, process improvement and leadership development. With thousands of courses spanning from foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Citrix, IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for technologies like big data, cloud, cybersecurity and networking.
Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs approximately 1,100 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, N.C.
Global Knowledge’s marketing team is a hotbed of awesomeness and works hard to maintain a culture that enables individual success and professional growth. We value innovation, testing, learning from our failures and having each other’s back. Self-evaluation of your own awesomeness is recommended to ensure cultural fit.
Content Marketing Editor and Writer
You will be an important part of an awesome team.
As our Content Marketing Editor and Writer, you must always have the intended audience in the center of your mind and craft messages that result in strong calls to action. You will constantly hear (and be asked) “WIIFM as a customer?” You will prepare marketing content for both technical and non-technical audiences. Edit content as needed for website, e-mail, direct mail, print and digital collateral, paid media (PPC ads, display) and other marketing projects. Be a team player who considers the needs of client groups and the marketing team as a whole in making recommendations. Identify opportunities for implementing integrated marketing communications strategies and corporate positioning in the creation of public-facing content. Your work must resonate with target audiences and lead to commercial outcomes.
Your work will impact the market
- Create content that attracts inbound digital traffic.
- As part of the content team you will be hands-on for the most popular content on the website.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Editing: Edit external and internal-facing copy. Edit copy for external customer emails, brochures, press releases, sales collateral and our global IT Skills and Salary Report. To be successful, the ideal candidate must have a superb eye for detail, strong editing skills and the ability to organize information. You will help edit and optimize top course descriptions.
- Writing: Modify provided copy or create new copy when requested. Suggest copy changes that improve clarity and purpose of marketing materials and meet the objectives of the project. Research, develop, write and edit relevant content for digital/print collateral, ads, websites, social media, blogs, case studies, newsletters, email campaigns, and client, partner and corporate communications. You will have opportunities to write the featured monthly newsletter article as well as contribute to our global IT Skills and Salary Report.
- Content Strategist: Identify, recommend and or create content to create a complete customer content journey that results in the desired conversions.
- Optimize and Improve: Google Analytics, CrazyEgg, SEMRush should be your best friends. We need you making stellar content and then making it even better. As well as improving existing content.
- Web: Upload and update content on the corporate website via CMS.
- Project Management: Work with internal client groups to evaluate project needs. Prioritize, track and update records of each project. Help address problems with deadlines. Have strong, diplomatic communication skills.
- Interdepartmental Management: Our team has each other’s back. No one is too good for someone’s else work. We assist other team members with excess workload as needed because when they’re successful, we’re successful. Contribute ideas to the team in the establishment of processes and procedures to improve individual and departmental work flow and project management.
- Multitask: Balance multiple concurrent projects on deadline with shifting priorities across a shared resource pool.
- Support internal teams by maintaining company branding and consistency for all public-facing deliverables.
- Help guide the evolution of identifying and documenting content development processes and operational improvements, including digital content (web, portals, blogs, social media, etc.) updates and versioning.
- Continually improve knowledge base and understand the systems and tools used daily so Global Knowledge maximizes its marketing investments and gains institutional knowledge through training and application.
- Asset Management:
- Work with the content, product and digital teams to audit existing content assets and develop optimization strategies.
- Help maintain an accurate, current record of marketing collateral for staff use.
- Maintain documentation of corporate standards for language consistency (terminology, messaging themes, boilerplate, differentiators, etc.).
You won’t be working alone
- Our content marketing team (which you’ll be a part of) develops and activates campaign content that speaks to people (and systems).
- Amazing creative professionals deliver magma-hot visuals and interfaces.
- A robust digital marketing team drives outcome-oriented programs.
- As part of a global organization, you’ll work hand in hand with other marketers and partners to influence the world of professional development.
Does this sound like you?
- Customer Focused: You make customers and their needs a primary focus of your actions (directly or indirectly) and know that to understand customers you need to talk with them.
- Competitive: You appreciate what our competition does and then want to one-up them.
- Clear Communicator: Find the best ways to communicate to your intended audience through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand, retain and act on the message.
- Decisive: You identify and understand opportunities, problems and issues; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches to choose a course of action or develop appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Contribute to Team Success: Actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Ear on the ground: What’s trending? If we’re not doing something Determining what information needs to be collected in order to do the job effectively and sharing important information with the team when deemed necessary.
- Innovative/Creative: Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Build Strategic Working Relationships: Make connections across the company to help them achieve their goals when appropriate and leverage them as resources in your work.
You must be this tall to ride this ride (Education and/or experience requirements)
- B.A. or B.S. in communications, marketing, English, journalism or related field
- Three to five years of experience in copywriting, editing, communications or marketing
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail
- Experience with editing for technical audiences
- Experience with editing customer-centric digital, interactive and/or rich media content
- AP Style pro with working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a huge plus! (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- CMS experience
- Experience with web analytics, SEO, email, and social media channels
- Google Analytics, SEM Rush, CrazyEgg, Microsoft Dynamics
- A professional, cooperative and positive attitude
- Agile, resourceful and thoughtful
- Produces high-quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible team contributor with persistent enthusiasm, transparency and professionalism
- This role will be located in North America.
- Supervisory responsibilities – None
You will be changing the future of the training industry
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and professional training, providing the skills that individuals and organizations need to succeed in an ever-changing world. We build the skills that enable success. Established in 1995, Global Knowledge has 1,100 employees in 15 countries around the world. Confirmed as the world’s leading training provider, Global Knowledge enables the critical skills of more than 300,000 professionals each year.
That was yesterday. We are excited to accelerate our brand evolution in ways that reshape our market and deliver even greater value to our customers.
Global Knowledge is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.