Are you our future content manager?
We're looking for an all-star content manager to join our growing team as the owner of our content marketing initiatives across all digital platforms and formats. Your goal is singular and will be the beating heart of our business - to help us drive qualified traffic, leads, and sales digitally by establishing our company as the #1 authority in Managed IT Services.
Our content manager must be a passionate brand storyteller with a journalist's mindset, as well as an obsession for content performance, reporting, and analytics.
The right candidate will also possess the heart of a teacher with a love for learning, writing, and communication in all forms. Most of all, they will see the value in every person on our team and put them at ease, empowering them to tell their stories and share their expertise with our audience.
What Your Typical Week Will Look Like
- Publication of three or more new pieces of content, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts).
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts for content.
- Company email marketing efforts, including newsletters, automated workflows, and so on.
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Social media for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium content production, including ebooks, webinars, etc.
- Creating landing pages and other lead generation assets.
- General website updates and enhancements, e.g. new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Professional development and continued education in relevant areas (e.g., HubSpot certifications).
A degree in English, Journalism and Public Relations is highly preferred but not mandatory. Commensurate experience will be considered.
Skills And Required Knowledge
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- An understanding of common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist is a bonus. Great at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing.
- Incredible people skills.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
About WEBIT Services
Based in Naperville, IL, we are a Managed IT Services Provider with a Team First mindset. Our uniqueness is rooted in our philosophy that you don't have to be big to be a great organization.
There are many things that separate WEBIT from other organizations, but perhaps the most important is our commitment to transparency and our ethical commitment to Integrity. We practice Open Book Management which is the teaching of financial literacy and sharing of all our financials with the team. We do this because we are all in it together, as a Team, and everyone plays a part in the success we enjoy together in a growing, employee-owned organization.
- Company-paid Day-1 Health Insurance
- Company-paid AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid LTD & STD Insurance
- Quarterly Company Bonus Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Educational Assistance & Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Travel Reimbursement
- Outstanding culture of teamwork and camaraderie
- and more...
- Position Type: Full time, salaried
- Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000/yr
- Unlimited PTO Eligibility: After 90 days
- Employee Ownership Eligibility: After 1 year of service