Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes, leveraging technology to make homebuilding simpler and more transparent. We’re delivering on that promise in places that have been impacted by natural disasters, and now we’re expanding to help families across the country build the perfect home.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound is transforming the homebuilding market. The Homebound team includes software engineers, product managers, designers, marketers, people operations and legal experts, interior designers and the best construction experts in the world — all of whom have come together to improve homebuilding as a whole.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners across California, Texas, and The Bahamas, and we are poised to help hundreds more. Join us.
Homebound is looking for an experienced content marketing leader to join our “small but mighty” marketing team and oversee our entire content calendar. This is an exciting time to be joining the org, as this role’s scope and responsibilities will be outlined in collaboration with leadership. This means utilizing your current skills and core competencies while allowing you the creative freedom to propose new pilot programs and test new content marketing levers as you deem appropriate.
The main goal of the Content Manager is to own and scale our content marketing program from P0-P1 and beyond; heavily collaborating at every stage of the production cycle, from ideation to execution. This cross-functional role also liaises with Paid Media/Performance marketing to capture top-of-funnel traffic and drive conversion for the core B2C vertical through a robust content experience— as well as the Sales and Growth teams to provide sales enablement materials to aid market expansion throughout the US.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience in copywriting for consumer marketing (SEO a plus!), overseeing creative production by the internal creative agency (video, photo and graphic assets) and demand/lead gen initiatives. In addition, they will be comfortable with most consumer-facing marketing content formats, specifically: Blog articles, website landing and web pages, infographics, presentations, sales collateral, custom UX/UI intake flows, social media content (FB/IG/Twitter/Pinterest/etc) and more.
This role will be highly visible within the organization; cross-functional and collaborative; and play a central role in communicating the Homebound brand through our externally-facing materials; ensuring that our brand ethos of delivering a transparent, customer-centric homebuilding experience is upheld at every turn.
This role will report to the Head of Marketing. The marketing team is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, but this individual can work remotely anywhere in the U.S. (ideally MT or CT).
What You'll Do (Now)
- Launch the content marketing function at Homebound in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, starting with basic infrastructure components (SEO playbook, content themes, copywriter recruitment and training, etc) with scalability in mind
- Establish and manage workflow in pursuit of developing and disseminating best-in-class content sourced from a variety of places (your writing, guest partner/thought leader writers, freelancers, product marketing)
- Oversee SEO strategy in collaboration with marketing leadership, translating keyword research into high-quality, engaging content—articles, case studies, research and more
- Launch new Homebound blog and work with creative team to ensure brand consistency and quality bar is upheld
- Oversee social media overhaul, editing current content and formalizing playbook as brand is refreshed (Q4/Q1 ‘22)
- Prioritize optimization of content for search engines while using analytics to surface insights and impact strategies.
What You'll Do (Eventually)
- Increase inbound organic traffic steadily each month, as well as engagement and conversion across owned channels, including website, blog social media, and (eventually) email in partnership with Sales, A&D, and Growth stakeholders
- Research, test, and optimize content marketing strategy (personas, channels, calls-to-action, content type, distribution) to determine the most successful engagement formulas that maximize impact and exceed benchmarks over time
- Oversee creative development to support the entire sales cycle: working with the creative team to produce to-of-funnel content for demand/lead gen; create customer engagement materials inspired by the unique Homebound buyers’ journey and across various mediums (video, webinar, articles, infographics, email); contribute to email workflows and content emails for nurture and lead drip campaigns
- Create and scale outreach to gain placements and drive traffic from relevant 3rd party websites and blogs
- Measure, analyze and report on how our content influences engagement, lead quality, and conversion. Responsible for a portion of organic traffic and conversion growth
- Identify the latest trends in content marketing materials, platforms, and technologyInspire and lead a best-in-class content marketing team, including working cross-functionally with video and product teams
- Manage budget for this function including freelancers
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of content marketing expertise that includes campaigns designed to bring new offerings to market that drive customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Reputable digital marketing expertise, including familiarity with multiple traffic channels (SEO, paid, partnerships, email, organic referral, etc) and content amplification
- Strong portfolio of published written and multimedia content that is optimized for a targeted audience, platform and objective
- Copywriting expertise with a proven track record across a wide variety of media, from long-form articles and blog posts to video scripts and multimedia contentExperience in a tech/hybrid organization with a proven track record of driving business results in a digital environment
- Strong prioritization skills and strategic decision making to determine the highest impact near-term and long-term content marketing opportunities
- Clear track record of managing multiple projects, making smart and fast decisions, partnering cross-functionally, delighting customers and driving dramatic growth through successful content marketing strategies and execution in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with clear examples of using data actively to define a content strategy, desired KPI's and leading indicators, ROI analysis and recommendations
- Thrives in a cross-functional, fast-moving environment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- BA/BS required
Ideally You'll Also Have
- Social media experience
- Aesthetic/lifestyle brand expansion experience or passion
- Design/architecture industry know-how
- Bias towards action, as well as “derivative content” mindset for translating 1 content project for multiple formats (Ex: webinar outline = blog article, video recording, social media soundbytes, video clips, etc)
- Technical abilities (basic html, i-frame/embeds on landing pages, campaign tracking, UTM best practices, data integrations, etc)
- Email marketing: workflows, nurture drips, campaign blasts, etc
- Data/analytics hygiene management and best practice knowledge, Looker, Google Analytics, Tag Manager, etc
- CRM/CMS software knowledge: Hubspot, SalesForce, WebFlow
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.