Empowering 50 million people with the tools they need to lead a healthy, confident and pleasurable life.
There are three pillars to our well-being: physical, mental and sexual. However, society tends to focus on the first two and as a result our sexuality suffers which means we suffer. From sexual difficulties such as reaching climax to social shame preventing us from seeking help, almost all of us are facing challenges without the support or tools to overcome them. That's where we come in, Ferly are smashing sexual taboo's by creating a pleasurable space for individuals and couples to explore their sexuality and overcome sexual difficulties so that their most important relationships, both with themselves and with others, can thrive!
We believe that by empowering people to invest in their sexual well-being, we can change the unhelpful narrative around sex, together 💗
Ferly is a sexual well-being platform that draws on science to deliver the tools and techniques necessary to help us lead a healthy, confident and pleasurable life. In practice this looks like a personalised journey, audio guided practices co-created with leading practitioners, thoughtful exercises, beautifully crafted erotic stories and access to world class experts. At its core, Ferly is about freedom, pleasure and connection.
We're backed by amazing investors that have helped shape the future of mental health, audio and more including Michal Acton Smith (Calm Co-Founder), Sophia Bendz (Spotify CMO) and Wendy Tan White (President of X). Join us in shaping the future of sexual health and relationships!
At Ferly we are searching for our Content Producer role. We're looking for a natural born story teller with passion to co-create, manage and produce content on female sexuality and holistic health. This is an exciting role where you will work with a community of writers, practitioners and brand ambassadors to carefully craft life changing content that educates, entertains, liberates and inspires our audience.
Unique content separates Ferly from the rest! Exceptional content generates word of mouth and PR that drives new users to download the app. Exceptional content also increases the value of Ferly which grows our paying members and multi-year retention.
Why This Role
1. Your words have the power to transform the health of millions of people: At Ferly we believe in the power of stories and we weave these into everything we create. The stories you tell will be influential in showing people the value of our product and empowering them to embark on their own journey.
2. Never stop learning: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats so you'll work across our most impactful and challenging problems. We're looking for someone with a growth mindset to evolve with us as the business does.
3. Become part of the founding team: As one of our first 10 hires we want your input on the strategic direction of the business as well as how we build a progressive and enviable culture. As a close team we are effective and adaptable which is a result of a high degree of trust.
4. Work with passionate, creative and ambitious folk: The team at Ferly care deeply about building something useful for the world because the world needs more people working to solve big societal problems instead of useless tech like this. They've spent their careers championing this idea though Ted talks, PHD's & multiple side hustles. They all love a healthy debate, beautiful design, pictionary and chocolate.
- Commission and edit content that inspires, educates and entertains our global audience. You'll work across all our content pillars: stories, science and sessions.
- Assist writing team with plot and story development for the erotica, and structure and accessibility for the science.
- Edit for audio! Each piece of content needs to be translated into a script, ready for our voice actors to lift it off the page.
- Oversee audio scripts and first edits to ensure quality control, including being the guardian of our TOV.
- Lean into your imagination and work with our sound engineer to bring the pieces to life. We strive to create a fully immersive experience for our audience and that starts with the audio.
- Creatively using pre-existing content for new use cases.
- Work with our Founder to identify potential guests, including celebrities, thought leaders, authors, world-renowned experts, as well as everyday people to provide content.
- Becoming the product expert on the core system of learning and associated principles through consistent interaction with the founders Billie Quinlan and Anna Hushlak.
- Supported by our co-founder Anna, you'll own the entire production process which begins with sourcing phenomenal practitioners and ends with approving the final audio file.
- Working with Anna, you'll identify a diverse range of collaborators from both the field of human sexuality and the world of erotica. We're passionate about credibility so we're very choosy about who creates content for Ferly and there is a rigorous review process that you'll uphold.
- Creating a roadmap for content releases based on feedback from the product team, production timelines and audience feedback.
You'll thrive in this role if you have..
- Strong creative skills and the ability to nurture a concept from initial idea to finished product.
- Impeccable spelling and grammar.
- The ability to be adapt and evolve your TOV and writing style.
- A meaningful interest in health and wellness as well as the personal development space (pleasure, sexual health, mental health, erotica and so on).
- An understanding of, and passion for LGBTQIA+ issues and feminism.
- A demonstrable growth mindset. There are limitless opportunities with this role and we're excited to see you make it your own.
- Bonus: experience in audio storytelling with the ability to direct audio story elements such as pacing, tone, tension, and structure.
Our ambition is to create the most progressive and equitable employee benefits programme. It's a vision that will take a few years too manifest but each year we will consult you on the improvements we can make for the following year. We believe that no matter your race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age or size you should have access to a safe, fair and just workplace that helps you thrive today whilst planning for the future.
Current benefits include:
- Distributed team
- Competitive salary and equity
- Inclusive work environment
- 2 x annual company retreats - all expenses paid.