This is a 6-month contract with possibility of extension.
About Metric Strategies
Metric isn’t the agency for everyone
We’re a data-driven digital agency, and our singular focus is to work with labour unions and progressive organizations to help them work and campaign with the most sophisticated digital tools on the market.
The world’s largest companies pour millions into breaking up unions, cutting corners on labour rights and pitting workers against each other in a race to the bottom.
It’s why the middle class is eroding. It’s why income inequality has skyrocketed. It helps foster systemic racism and patriarchal structures that undermine every facet of our society.
Metric is here to help fight back. We make sure labour and progressive organizations have access to the same powerful tools and strategies that the most powerful people in the world have been using against us.
We’re here to help you take on big fights – and win.
At Metric we work with our clients to identify the people you need to talk to; the message that moves them; and the channels that reach them. Then we build amazing campaigns to fight for progressive change.
We’re looking for team members that share that vision – and want to work hard to create content that inspires and mobilizes real people.
We’re looking for an experienced content writer who can help us create emails, ads, websites, and videos that tell our clients stories – and inspire their supporters to action.
This is a new role at Metric. Part of the initial duties will be to develop the position and working norms.
- Believe in making big change happen – and are excited about working with causes and movements who believe in that too.
- Are passionate about social, racial, and environmental justice – and excited to use modern communications and digital tactics to win the important fights of our time. You bring enthusiasm, and a drive for perfection, to your work every day.
- You are creative, collaborative, and a highly-organized self-starter with at least three years of experience writing for an agency, union, non-profit, or political party.
- You are curious and love to learn.
You’ll do things like:
- Write engagement, fundraising, and mobilization emails that help our clients make regular people a part of their campaigns. Our campaigns get results for our clients.
- Write and come up with online ads to grow lists, fundraise, mobilize, and persuade
- Develop engaging copy for websites, social media posts and reports
- Work with the Creative Director to come up with messaging for our clients’ campaigns
- Work on Metric’s internal marketing products, and have the opportunities to lead webinars or trainings in your area of expertise
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have:
- At least 2 years of experience writing content for public relations, advertising, digital, or fundraising in a role at an agency, union, non-profit, or political party
- Experience in client service and day-to-day client contact. A demonstrated ability to address client concerns thoughtfully and effectively.
- Superb writing skills and a proven ability to produce written material within a deadline (using tools like PowerPoint, Google Docs, and Word)
- Strong judgment and critical reasoning skills, with the ability to navigate new situations
- Confidence and professionalism while engaging with contacts ranging from grassroots activists to client elected leadership
- A sense of humour, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues
- Experience in planning, writing, and managing the production of marketing emails, online ads, video content, web content, and other creative assets
- The ability to develop big ideas into communications products
- A proven track record of building effective relationships with colleagues, clients, and allies
- Strong presentation skills, ability to articulate smart and sometimes complex solutions in a straightforward manner to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- An understanding of the role that PR and social media play in the overall communications marketing mix.
- A desire to push for creative ideas; and embrace diverse trends, skills, specialties and viewpoints
This is a full-time contract position for six months with the possibility of extension. We expect the position to pay between $5,000 and $6,700 per month depending upon the candidate.
Successful candidates must be based in and permitted to work in Canada. This is a remote work position.
Metric is committed to diversity and accessibility in its recruitment processes. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous and non-white candidates to apply. If you require accommodation to participate in this recruitment, please indicate so in your application.
We are proud members of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.