Joggo is a media technology company that builds software and runs a community to help people discover, filter, and consume the best content across the web in the fastest possible way. It proactively summarizes popular content (e.g. articles, newsletters, podcasts, etc.) and enables users to subscribe to receive those summaries, helping them save time and consume only the content they actually care about. Joggo summaries are produced by our community of super-smart university students.
We are building the next generation of content consumption and are looking for an incredible, enthusiastic, energetic person to join us to manage our community & summary creation.
About the Role
With over 50 remote summary writers, our community is the heartbeat of Joggo. One high-quality summary at a time, our writers create the product that Joggo users come for (and love!). Our community does this through managing specific publications (e.g. a16z’s Future, Harvard Business Review, Bloomberg’s Money Stuff, etc.) and by writing summaries that are requested ad-hoc by users.
As the Manager for the community, you will grow, develop and inspire a diverse team of writers from top universities across the country (i.e. Stanford, Harvard, Penn, Berkeley, Northwestern, etc.).
This role also offers the ability to express your creative side via producing original content based on Joggo summaries.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will work closely with our founder, product, engineering, and go-to-market functions to build and scale the supply side of Joggo. You will be able to work remotely if you choose or be located at our stunning office in central San Francisco, the heart of Silicon Valley. We care deeply about the culture of Joggo and are looking for someone who values this equally and wants to contribute to it.
- Directly manage a team of 50+ part-time (paid) university students who produce summaries
- Lead Joggo's original content creation process
- Build and manage a scalable processes that delivers high-quality summary creation
- Develop and manage your team’s performance targets to meet our summary output and company needs
- Strategize and create unique opportunities for summary writers to engage, learn, develop and grow
- Develop incentives & programs to drive Joggo product adoption via community advocates
- Create an engaging and rewarding experience for our summary writers
Who You Are
- You have experience working directly with a community-based product or company
- You enjoy working with a fast-paced team and taking on large amounts of responsibility where work has a large impact on business outcomes
- You have the ability to independently make sound business decisions
- You are relentlessly focused on a high quality user experience
- You are self motivated, detail-orientated, disciplined and organized and have a growth mindset
- You are a solutions-orientated problem solver who is comfortable navigating ambiguous situations
- Your verbal and written communication skills are unparalleled
- You are tech savvy and comfortable with navigating Google products, Slack, and Airtable
- You thrive in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Above all else, you are bright, kind and motivated by challenge
- To apply for this role, email email@example.com
- Include your resume and a quick note on why you think you'd be a good fit.