Annual Salary: *£20,475 per annum pro rata.
*Hiring Managers: Alastair Lawson, Samantha Turton
Recruiter: Michael Jordan
You’ll be joining our small but growing Home Education team within Twinkl editing the digital content we produce especially for Home Educators. The majority of your time will be spent working with our Home Education Content Writers and engaging with team priorities to facilitate the highest possible quality of content for our Home Educating customers.
Your Weekly Activity Could Include
- checking a broad range of new resources, blogs and social media assets for spelling, punctuation, grammar, curriculum relevance and factual accuracy;
- sensitively offering feedback, advice and support to content writers where needed;
- running workshops with small groups of writers in your team;
- demonstrating excellent communication skills with the writers, designers and illustrators that you collaborate with;
- curating existing content on site to ensure that it is up to date and meets customers' needs.
- Attending team meetings and contributing ideas and suggestions as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with the demands of Home Educating and excited by the idea of contributing to helpful, inspiring and engaging resources. This position can take place at Sheffield HQ or it can be a work-from-home, flexible position. The role will require attendance at some daytime meetings, but the remaining contracted hours can be agreed between you and your line manager to fit around your current commitments.
In this role, you will learn:
- how to check content and provide feedback for our writers;
- how to work in an ‘agile’ team, allowing you to solve problems, prioritise and change tasks quickly to meet deadlines;
- how to collaborate with active Home Educators to assist in the production of useful and responsive content.
- how to create new products, from ideation stage to publication.
You’ll be working with:
- Sam Turton (Editor Production Manager and Teacher Manager) - Sam’s been managing our Editor teams for close to 2 years! She loves walking in the Peak District with friends and her two lovely dogs;
- Alastair Lawson - Segment Manager for Home Education at Twinkl and a Home Educating parent of 3. Alastair has led the Home Ed team from inception and is totally committed to providing value for our Home Educating members.
- Our new Home Education production team which will initially consist of two part time content writers, a designer and an illustrator. The production team will collaborate daily to produce the beautiful, polished resources that Twinkl are known for.
To succeed in the role, you will:
- be a fantastic communicator who thrives when working in a close-knit team;
- Be flexible and prepared to take on a variety of tasks if required;
- be prepared to confidently work between different IT platforms, including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint;
- understand the Home Educating community in England, knowing their unique pressures and current educational trends;
- have a drive for continuous professional development;
- need a reliable computer or laptop with a fast broadband speed - you will be responsible for maintenance/repairs etc.
We’re especially interested in anyone who also meets one, or a combination of, the following:
- Completed primary qualified teacher status: PGCE, B.Ed or equivalent;
- Experience and understanding of resources written for access right across the educational age range. (EYFS - KS4)
- Actively Home Educating or with prior experience or knowledge of Elective Home Education.
- An eye for details and a passion for correctness.
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to take on a variety of tasks when we spot an opportunity to support our customers.
- Personal: Are you a marathon runner? Can you paint? Do you have another interesting hobby? Great! Please include this in your covering letter so we can find out more about how this experience would help you in your new role.
Here’s a couple of the things that make Twinkl a great place to be:
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun and always put people before process.
- Flexible working with opportunities to work from home.
- Diversity, inclusion and belonging - our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, Black and Minority Ethnic, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) - Our ever-evolving program includes: Monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats and mentoring.
- Plus, Westfield Health, 29 annual leave days per year (inc bank holidays), company sick pay & life insurance (after 2+ years service).