Founded in 2018 by Sir John Kirwan, our world class digital platform helps thousands of individuals every day. We continue to build a dynamic team focused on making a positive impact and improving the way people live - and we’re now looking for an Content Editor and Writer to join the Mentemia family.
This role is varied and will give you the opportunity to contribute to a dedicated, growing and innovative team.
Full-time, fixed-term for 6 months initially with the option to extend, the role will report to the Chief Product Officer. Immediate start would be ideal.
The successful candidate will have a proven background in content writing and editing. You will be confident editing written content from subject matter experts and other contributing writers, as well as generating briefs. You will have experience writing a variety of content, including long-form, short-form, listicles, microcopy, blog and website copy.
This role will require you to work closely with the Content Manager to produce and edit content to be consistent with Mentemia’s overall tone of voice, style and core messaging.
You will also support the Product team to produce microcopy for the app, and the Marketing team with blog and website content.
You will have project management experience and be good at liaising with content contributors and the clinical team to produce high-quality, engaging content that meets clinical guidelines and aligns with the content strategy.
You'll have exceptional writing skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to take ownership of a range of written content and see it through from initial brief to completion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Writing a wide variety of content for the product.
- Supporting the Product and Marketing teams with microcopy, sales copy, and website copy as required.
- Creating briefs for contributing writers.
- Editing, proofreading, and restructuring articles by contributing writers.
- Content strategy input, including brainstorming topic ideas and testing new content types.
- Extracting briefs from the Clinical team and other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Work closely with the Clinical team to ensure all content is clinically sound.
- Drive and execute multiple projects with attention to detail.
- Will be required to follow strong disciplines of approval systems and processes.
- The ability to handle multiple, competing projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team.
- Manage your own workflow to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Must be able to interpret and distil technical information into user-friendly content.
- Experience in science writing and communication ideal.
- Strong knowledge of psychological principles ideal.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand (with a valid working Visa, Residency or Citizenship) to be successful in this application.