Babbel is driven by a purpose: Creating mutual understanding through language. This means building an ecosystem of language learning offerings that helps people connect across cultures. Babbel, Babbel Live and Babbel for Business provide users with the most effective solution to be able to communicate with real people, in real situations. The key is a blend of humanity and technology.
More than 60,000 lessons across 14 languages are hand-crafted by 180+ linguists, with user behaviours continuously analysed to shape and tweak the learner experience. And it works: Studies with Yale University, City University of New York and Michigan State University prove its effectiveness. From headquarters in Berlin and New York, 750 people from more than 65 nationalities represent all the differences that make humans unique. Babbel is the most profitable language learning app worldwide, with more than 10 million subscriptions sold. For more information, visit www.babbel.com or download the apps in the App Store or Play Store.
We’re looking for a Content Designer / UX Writer - Growth (all genders) for our Product Design/Growth Experience team based in the heart of Berlin.
As a Content Designer / UX Writer at Babbel, you’ll be a key member of the Product Design and Growth Experience teams. You’ll help shape a seamless experience for users with a particular focus on guiding users to become and remain subscribers. You will work closely with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, developers, and marketers to understand user needs, explore and create potential solutions, and iterate using a data-driven approach.
You’ll join Babbel’s growing content design practice and will work with other content designers to develop best practices, evolve the in-product voice and tone, and ensure consistency across the product.
Here are some recent projects similar to what you’ll be working on:
- Improvements to the signup process to make the experience more intuitive for users
- New ways to help users compare subscription plans
- A more user-friendly cancellation flow
Note: If you are a marketing copywriter with some content design/UX writing experience and want to transition to a content design role, you are encouraged to apply.
- Work in the Growth Experience Area, a grouping of multiple fast-moving product development teams
- Work closely with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, developers, and marketers to understand user and business needs and to propose solutions that will increase user acquisition and retention
- Plan, write, edit, test, and improve product content to make Babbel easier to understand and use; this includes product flows, user interface content, transactional emails, and help content
- Facilitate the localization of product content in close collaboration with developers and the in-house localization team
- Apply content design best practices and deliver consistent and clear content
- Shape content design principles and processes
- An experienced writer with a mix of content design/UX writing and marketing copywriting experience
- Fluent in English with native-level writing and editing skills
- A strong advocate for users
- Familiar with how to write for localization
- Proactive and comfortable managing relationships with a range of stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience creating written content for digital products (web and/or mobile experiences)
- Experience in user-centered content design/UX writing
- Good prioritization and time-management skills
- A portfolio of UX writing (or UX writing-adjacent) work to share
Nice to Have
- Experience with design tools like Figma
- Understanding of how agile teams work and how to collaborate with product designers, product managers, UX researchers, and developers
Some Perks Of Becoming a Babbelonian
- 30 vacation days and flexible working hours
- BVG card or Swapfiets bike
- Jobbatical and Sabbatical options
- Many internal & external learning opportunities to choose from
- A yearly Learning & Development budget
- Visa and relocation assistance
- Full access to Babbel & Babbel Live classes
- Modern office in the heart of buzzing Berlin equipped with a family, music, faith and nap room
- Various internal communities to be part of including the Femgineers+, DEI Ambassadors, Accessibility & Disability Group and more
Join one of the fastest-growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience. And of course: get full access to our world-leading language learning content!
Diversity at Babbel
As part of our ongoing journey towards building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company, we welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in tech. We are a learning company, inside and out, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not fit all the technical requirements - all candidates are assessed based on skills, qualifications and on our business needs. Please state your pronouns at the beginning of your application, and let us know if you’d like to be addressed by a name other than the one appearing on your official documents. If you have a disability or special need, feel welcome to inform us, so that we can provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.