- We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer to join Zapier’s Self-Service Customer Experience (SSCX) team, you’ll be creating clear, inclusive user-centered content to craft a seamless self-service experience for our customers.
- You’ll serve the User Docs, Community and User Education teams to align the right content with the right users at the right time, focusing first with improving the Help Center.
- Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs.
- Content is a critical part of the customer journey at Zapier, helping users all the way from discovery to mastery.
- If you’re an experienced Senior Content Designer ready to help our users learn Zapier and solve their problems without needing to email customer support, then read on!
- In this role, you’ll serve as both a strategist and a creator. You’ll drive day-to-day content creation for our self-service resources, while also creating content plans, style guides, and processes to scale this effort across the company.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, then read on…
Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- You’re an excellent writer. You have experience writing for technical products. You can communicate clearly and succinctly. You have a firm grasp on the rules of grammar, know how to adjust your tone for context, and create content quickly.
- You have a user-centered approach to content design. You have at least 5 years’ experience working in Content Design. You craft user research to inform your writing. You know that the words we use in an interface are a critical part of the experience. You’re familiar with the process of user-centered design and you’ve worked hand-in-hand with designers.
- You have experience creating and enforcing a style guide. You know that consistency is key and are able to create rules and catch when they’re broken. You know how to develop content frameworks that fit within brand guidelines and can live as part of a design system.
- You might have experience writing documentation. You have experience crafting user-facing technical content or documentation. If you have experience crafting documentation for developers or other technical audiences that’s a huge plus.
- You’re a strong information architect. You should have experience conducting card-sorts and creating site maps, and be able to quickly make decisions about where a new page should fall in a hierarchy. You’re familiar with structured content models and creating dynamic content experiences across multiple surfaces or platforms.
- You’re experienced working cross-functionally. You’ll drive the process for creating and maintaining content across many teams. You’ll need to build strong relationships across multiple functions and work closely with Product, Design, and other roles to prioritize and scope your work.
- You know how to break complex concepts into logical chunks. Zapier offers a wide range of possibilities and use cases, with more than 4,000 app integrations. You’ll need to find ways to explain difficult concepts so that anyone can understand, and work across the company to ensure we use the same language everywhere.
- You’re a systems thinker. You will drive the process for creating and maintaining content across many teams. You’ll need to use systematic thinking to connect the work of other parts of the company to your own.
- You enjoy being a leader and coach for others. You’ll play a big role in educating others about the importance of content design and in defining the discipline at the company.
- You’re a quick study. With over 4,000 app integrations on Zapier, there’s a lot to learn. You must be able to digest a lot of information and get up to speed fast.
Things You’ll Do
- Zapier is always changing, and with over 4,000 apps on Zapier’s platform, we have a lot of ground to cover with our documentation.
- The first order of business for this role is to help the User Docs team overhaul the help center. We want our customers to have all the information they need to be successful with Zapier.
- Develop structured content models to bring the right content to your target audience at the right touchpoints.
- Participate in user research activities. You’ll talk to users to better understand their mental models and needs, and conduct usability and comprehension testing of the content you write to make sure it addresses those needs.
- Help build and maintain a style guide and controlled vocabulary. Ensure that the content being generated for the parts of the product you support follows the style guide.
- Work with Technical Writers to identify new content needs for the Help Center and collaborate with them to produce it. Reviewing content to make sure it’s accurate, relevant and matches our style guidelines.
- Run content testing and research. You’ll talk to users to better understand their mental models and needs, and conduct usability and comprehension testing of the content you write to make sure it addresses those needs.
- Coordinate with our editorial, marketing, and email teams to build a cohesive content strategy.
- Monitor the performance of content and use that data to continuously improve it.
- You’ll work with the data team to monitor usage analytics, track customer feedback to spot trends and gaps, and proactively identify new opportunities to improve key business metrics through improved content and usability.
- Give, seek and receive thoughtful feedback. You’ll help others become better writers and become a better writer yourself.
- Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
- We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing.
- We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
- We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
- We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Remote – EMEA or Americas, East
Our flexible, distributed environment lets us work with the best people from around the world. Zapiens live in 40+ countries, including the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more!
- Competitive salary and profit-sharing program
- Equity for All: Stock options (or equivalent) for every Zapien
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- $2,000 annual learning stipend for use on courses, conferences, and more—your choice
- Two annual all-company retreats
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Customized Zapiversary rewards on your 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10 year work anniversaries
- Leading-edge equipment. We set you up with an Apple laptop and provide an additional budget for you to choose other home office accessories and software you may need.
- Time to renew. We encourage Zapiens to take at least 2 weeks off each year. Most of us take 4-5 weeks, in addition to locally recognized holidays.
- Opportunity to work with Zapier’s amazing partners network
While we take care of Zapiens around the world the best we can, healthcare and retirement plans are currently available specifically in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and United States.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We first ask a few questions in our application form that would typically be asked at the start of an initial interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people, and do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, age, or any other status protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.