Carted is building solutions for the next generation of commerce. Our core constituency is developers, and as a Technical Writer, you will help write and maintain the primary documentation and learning resources for our users.
Our documentation should make our product easy to use, be of quality and instill trust.
You will be one of the very first team members of Carted who will help shape the future of commerce.
We’re looking for someone who’s not only detail-oriented but also capable of transforming technical documentation into something fun and exciting for the developer community.
If you think you fit the description, we would love for you to join our growing team!
- Document new products, features, and APIs
- Create standards, guidelines, and best practices to be able to scale our documentation
- Create a long-term content strategy
- Organise all technical documentation including our learning resources
- Deliver technical documentation that is not only clear and accurate but also brings a sense of excitement to our users
- Communicate and collaborate with other functional teams such as customer support to ensure a smooth user experience
- Be one of the very first team members of the company
We're Looking for Someone Who Is
- Proficient in writing technical documentation for software in a clear and concise way
- Excited to solve problems for developers, builders, and SME startups
- A good communicator, curious, creative, resourceful, and efficient
- Thoughtful and friendly when writing, and has impeccable grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading skills
- Able to gather information from multiple team members in order to write the docs
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy
What Excites Us
- 3+ years experience as a technical writer
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing (English), Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience (a plus, but not required)
- Experience writing about Go, Node, or other backend languages
- Familiarity with modern web services and general developer tools such as Git.
- You quickly familiarise yourself with our technical product (I understand we are not live to the public however we can discuss this further during the interview process).
Please include your resume and samples of your writing when applying for this role.
Who Are We?
Carted is building the future of commerce. We enable developers to make commerce seamless by connecting them to millions of merchants and billions of products with a single API.
Why Come Work With Us?
We are a well-funded, fast growing startup with people in Sydney, the US and around the globe. We like to learn quickly, do things differently and most importantly... have fun! 🎉