Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
At the heart of it, you’re a writer. You enjoy writing impactful stories, impacting others with your prose.
Sodexo has an exciting new opening for a Senior Content Creator/Writer with our Digital Content Team.
The B2B Marketing Writer will have some of the following domain expertise; Healthcare, Senior Living, Corporate Services, Education, and Business to Business (B2B) to create audience-centric, data-driven, digital-first marketing and sales enablement content that engages audiences and drives results, working in close partnership with segments and regional Brand & Communications, digital marketing, and sales functions.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Content, the Marketing Writer will create clear, concise, engaging content aligned with messaging frameworks and channel strategies to shape, explain and position Sodexo Senior’s, Healthcare, Corporate Services, Education and Busines to Business (B2B) value proposition, offers and services.
Use audience, channel, and performance data to inform conception and creation of a suite of on-brand marketing content aligned to channel strategy and buyer stage, including web copy & landing pages, web articles, blogs, e-mails, case studies, social/sharables, sales enablement, how-to guides, tip sheets, infographics, scripts, and advertising.
Manage and oversee the full content lifecycle, from ideation, planning and development through web publication, distribution and post-publication maintenance and analysis. In collaboration with integrated marketers, demand generation strategists and channel managers, you will conduct background research (including SEO – Search engine optimization), draft and edit content optimized for use across a variety of platforms, channels and audiences with a focus on driving audience action to meet marketing goals.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Partners with regional and segment marketers, regional content director, and segment SMEs to create and deliver original and adapted content that is clear, compelling and credible for the brand and Seniors segment for use in marketing and sales materials.
- Ensures all core content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice across channels, and adheres to accessibility and compliance regulations
- Identifies opportunities to enhance content with visual elements and collaborates with channel owners and design team to translate core language into usable content across formats
- Researches clients and their target audience to support creative messaging and keeps abreast of business challenges and competitor strategies
- Conducts SEO research and applies SEO strategy to content creation
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging customer insights, audience research, campaign and channel analytics, brand insights and industry/market data to develop content in the range of digital brand, marketing and sales content
- Converts information gathered from a variety of sources into usable, engaging content tailoring content to target audiences and applying data to improve quality, personalization, and audience actions.
- Understands Sodexo, region and segment brands, objectives and initiatives and applies to create content
- Appropriately balances client desires, business requirements and sales strategies, and finds common ground when debating creative or strategic opinion
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, related field
- Minimum of three years professional experience required in developing marketing and sales content effective at driving awareness and generating leads
- Exhibits an understanding of content creation in the senior living space, with a preference for B2B content
- Experience applying content strategy, channel strategy and demand funnel to create different types of consistent, engaging marketing content and communications effective at driving awareness, lead-generation and lead nurturing.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage work, prioritization and quickly flexing to create, adapt and optimize a collection of high-quality content for primarily digital consumption for various audiences, purposes, and media
- Experience with search-engine optimization (SEO) strategy and application to content development
- Strong written communication skills adept at embracing brand voice and tone, maintaining audience focus, and deploying consistently in writing – Fully bilingual French/English.
- Able to distil verbose or technical content to the essence of the main message in a concise, effective manner
- Exhibits consistent quality control in work
- Experience with web publishing, content marketing platforms, and content management systems
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer
- 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers
- 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company
- Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company – Gold Level
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!