Are you a skilled writer with an interest in psychology, behaviour change, wellbeing and self-development? Do you have a knack for synthesising complex ideas into simple, practical and engaging copy?.
We are looking for a talented writer to transform high quality self-development content into bite-sized summaries and practical exercises. We work alongside a selection of top self-development authors, including 5 NYT best-sellers, to help their content reach new audiences in an innovative, interactive way that generates real change.
You would be responsible for researching, writing and editing content that’s engaging, warm and practical. As we develop this new form of content, you’ll be a key voice in shaping our vision, style and best practices.
You will ideally have a psychology degree or a demonstrated interest in psychology. You will have experience as a content writer and be good at developing interesting and well-written content. You are flexible, like to be hands-on, enjoy writing and like learning about new topics.
We are a fast-growing start-up and so as a member of our early-stage content team, this is an exciting place to be.
PSYT (Psychological Technologies)
Everyone wants to improve. Whether you want to become a better leader, better sleeper or reduce your anxiety, we all want to improve our lives. And where do you usually turn to? Books, audiobooks, or the internet. But if you're honest, have the self-development books you've read led to the changes you'd hoped for?.
If not, don't worry, you're not alone. But if you think about it, if you read a book on how to ride a bike, would you magically expect to be able to ride a bike? The self-development market fails to deliver, not because the advice isn't good, but because information isn't enough, if it was we'd all be multi-millionaires with perfect relationships and six-pack abs! Change requires practice. We need help putting advice into action. So that's what we do. We help you put the advice of the world's leading self-development authors into action in your life, to create real change.
It's like a more interactive version of Masterclass, with content from the world's leading self-development authors. We take proven content, with proven demand and deliver it in a more effective way, working with authors to deliver it to their established fanbases.
Overview Video - https://vimeo.com/445549876/fa422540ac
In June this year we launched our Grief Works app with Julia Samuel. Julia is a leading psychotherapist who’s been awarded an MBE for her services to bereaved children, a Vice President of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, and the bestselling author of ‘Grief Works’ and ‘This Too Shall Pass’. We’ve received amazing feedback so far and are in conversation with some of the largest grief and mental health charities about developing partnerships.
Last year, we launched The Anxiety Solution app with Chloe Brotheridge which was featured by Apple in their ‘Best of March 2020’ and has consistently received amazing 5* reviews.
- Degree-level education or equivalent life experience, ideally in a Psychology related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a content writer, copywriter or other creative writing role in a business environment
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Able to produce engaging and credible copy and an understanding of how to adapt for different audiences and purposes
- Confidence and experience with communication to stakeholders
- You excel in a high-growth environment, working at startup pace, embracing change and adjusting course as required
- Experience managing lots of tasks at once, able to prioritise your workload accordingly and work to a deadline
- You’re an infinite learner — you enjoy researching even totally unfamiliar topics and are interested in reading and learning
- You’re resilient and proactive and thrive in an autonomous (but supportive) environment
- You get pleasure from doing a phenomenal job and going the extra mile.
Flexible working, either remote or based in offices in Brighton or London.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Opportunity to be part of a truly exciting business at its infancy and be able to effect real change.
Opportunity to have work reviewed by other talented writers and interact with bestselling authors.