FlexJobs’ mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 14 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of The Job: The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced online content rock star to join our team. Responsibilities will include writing engaging new content and cleaning up existing content. You will need to understand the importance of clean information, logical content structure and flow, the writing and editing process, holistic decision-making, and fine details. You’ll also need to believe deeply in the importance of working with super-smart people, have top-notch ethics, and possess a passion to support job seekers and employers.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a content marketing role and has a solid understanding of balancing the strategy behind our content with being a trusted resource for our readers.
You will report to the senior content manager and will be a member of the content team.
Experience and Skills for This Role
- 3-5 years of experience in web content development
- 1+ year copy editing experience, based on Chicago and AP Style manuals
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress preferred)
- Experience with project management systems (Trello preferred)
- Strong journalistic, yet friendly, writing tone
- Familiar and up to date on current SEO trends and how they relate to content
- Experience working with a small and/or entrepreneurially spirited company
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to self-review, fine-tune the details, and create compelling content, while challenging your own ideas
- Ability to structure content and organize its flow from topic to subtopics in a logical and user-friendly fashion
- Bonus points given if you…
- Have SEO knowledge that includes an understanding of keywords but also goes slightly below the surface
- Have experience in human resources or career advising
- Are knowledgable about company branding/marketing
Traits Required of All Team Members at FlexJobs
- A sense of pride in your work
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- A genuine belief that details matter…a lot
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time off policy
- 100% remote work
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
- Minimum salary $15/hour; offer will be based on several factors including experience and location
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.