Bakpax uses artificial intelligence to grade homework and tests in seconds. Students receive instant feedback and teachers access deeper insights into class performance. Bakpax also offers a destination for teachers to discover, create, and share free standards-aligned autogradable assignments.
Who Are You?
You’d love to help teachers teach and students learn. You believe education provides hope and opportunity. It changes lives. You’ve probably experienced the transformational power of education in your own life. And you’ve probably wondered that the fundamental technologies of education — the classroom, the chalkboard, the textbook — are all hundreds, even thousands, of years old. Information technology has been transforming the world for thirty years — where are the breakthrough technologies for learning?
You want to work with a team of people who genuinely care about other people. You are excited about connecting with people around a shared purpose. You want to spend your time working towards something valuable. You reflect and learn from your successes, and failures — you are interested in learning, and in sharing what you can do with a team of others.
You thrive in fast-paced, small-team environments.
You are a problem solver.
You have a positive, can-do attitude.
You are pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher, and enjoy a systematic approach to problem solving.
This will be a valuable experience for any student looking for professional development with a technology company, or in the education industry.
What Will You Do?
- Help ensure optimal content quality
- Import content into Bakpax
- Work with online databases
- Assign Common Core State Standards to content
The intern will also support our efforts to help new users onboard to Bakpax. Interns will be paired with a teacher assistant as part of our teacher support program. They’ll spend some of their time helping teachers discover new content on Bakpax, and sourcing content that is of interest to teachers and turning it into autogradable assignments.
Traits or skills that are useful in this job:
- Creative problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Experience with database applications like Excel, Google Sheets, or even Airtable
More about the job:
- This is a part-time position (10-20 hours per week), though we are flexible if you’d like to work more hours. This position pays $10/hr.
- We’ve always worked remotely. This is nice, and like anything, it has its challenges. We’re committed to helping each other work remotely while building a strong culture. We have lots of different ways to get to know each other and to spend time together – we aim to have fun and work well together.
To apply, please email your resume and a brief paragraph about why you want to be a content contributor intern to firstname.lastname@example.org.