Kiva (kiva.org) is a social impact organization on a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive.
We do this through technology, global partnerships and our flagship marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.57 billion in loan capital for 3.9 million borrowers in 98 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva's team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Impact first - This is why we exist. This is the drumbeat we march to. Every day.
Extreme ownership - Own it; you, your relationships, your impact. Insist that others support you and hold you accountable.
Be curious and bold - Never stop learning. Question assumptions. Take Risks and dream big.
Inclusion. Equity. Diversity. - Without reservation and without caveat. In our hiring, in our workplace and in our impact in the world.
Honor and integrity - Do the most right thing in the most right way. Cherish diversity and respect each other.
Love and kindness always - Say what you mean. Mean what you say. And don't say it, mean it. Clarity. Courage. Kindness.
- Manage all content marketing efforts with a strong focus on elevating Kiva’s thought leadership and building a sustained pipeline of amazing borrower and lender stories.
- Develop and deploy a new community marketing plan that is designed build engagement in the Kiva experience.
- Develop and deploy a new event strategy that is designed to drive increased Kiva brand awareness and attract new lenders.
- +8 years content marketing experience. Journalism and/social impact thought leadership is a major plus.
- Some event experience (strategy and planning vs. execution).
- B2C experience with an online company.
- A natural storyteller with a strong creative streak.
- A strategic thinker who builds and leverages strategic frameworks to ensure messaging consistency.
- A strong operator who consistently pushes for scale for a sustained period of time.
- Exceptional writing skills (even though you will be operating in more of an editorial capacity).
- SEO experience is a plus (on the content production side, not the technical side).
- Community marketing experience is a plus.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world.
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package.
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva's culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.