We’re looking for a Home-based Client-facing Content Marketing Manager to join the growing Scribly team available for a typical 40 hours per week.
Content and account management is central to everything we do for our clients. The tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Creating writer briefs based on client emails/orders/calls
- Taking responsibility for the entire work-cycle of a client — from keyword research and topic ideation to briefing their tasks to writers, editing the work we get back, delivering it to the client for review, and collaborating on amends
- Being enthusiastic about jumping on ad-hoc writing tasks as and when they come up (this might be due to tight turnaround times or lack of available writers)
- Liaising with our excellent team of freelance writers to resource projects and match the best talent with the right briefs
- Being available for daily team catch-up calls (held via Googe Hangouts)
- … then keeping the team updated with your progress (and some funny gifs) throughout the day via Slack. Working hours are flexible, provided adequate crossover time.
As a small business, Scribly is highly engaged with the personal and professional development of our team members. We’ll work with you to plan your quarterly goals and objectives and, in many ways, you can make the role your own. Heard about a certain client you’d love to manage? Great! Always loved working for a certain niche and want to drum up new business? Go ahead! Got some cool ideas for our social media? We’re all ears!
You will be paid monthly (base contractor rate negotiable between £25-30k or local currency equivalent per annum based on experience).
What We’re Looking For From You
- Native English speaker based in Europe or North America
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience writing blog posts, web copy and landing pages, email campaigns, social ads, ebooks, and more. Previous experience with SEO is welcome but not required
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and resource projects, prioritise tasks and manage other people’s deadlines
- Proactive self-starter — someone who can identify issues (or potential issues) and work to resolve them themselves
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once (this is essential in Scribly, as you’ll be responsible for leading on several clients simultaneously)
2 years account management or client handling experience (in any sector)
This is a contractor position, and will be paid accordingly you will be required to comply with your local tax authority
Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will likely be a copy or content writer looking to transition into a broader, longer-term contracting role.