carwow is looking for a consumer editor to join our Editorial team in the UK, working on a fully remote basis until at least July 2021. Beyond this, we’ve introduced a new remote-first flexible working policy which means you’ll work from home for the majority of the week with 1-2 days max in the office (unless you’d like to be in the office more, in which case you are also welcome!)
Let's face it, car buying isn't easy. That's why at carwow, we're leading the mission to make it better, with our vision of helping our customers to be the most informed and empowered car buyers in the world. Since carwow’s inception, we’ve already improved the car buying experience for hundreds of thousands of people, selling cars through our site with a total value of £10.3Bn.
We’re a highly driven (excuse the pun) scale-up with a team of circa 250 based in London, Munich and Madrid and are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs & car manufacturer Daimler (Mercedes-Benz).
However, our ambitions don’t stop there. This year, we are quickly scaling across many areas of our business with huge plans for the future. So, if you always aim to WOW through everything you do (check out more info about our values here), we’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the Role
carwow is looking for a consumer editor to make a huge impact, making sure that we have the very best car buying advice on the web.
Our editorial is an integral part of carwow, with more than 75% of customers who’ve bought a car through our platform reading our content first. Our reviews are much more visible in Google than many more established brands, while our YouTube channel is the most-watched car channel in the world, with up to 75 million views a month and carwow’s social media channels enjoy industry-busting levels of reach and engagement.
Working in the heart of the editorial team, your mission is to help attract and inform our audiences through telling compelling consumer stories, with a particular focus on electric car buying and owning advice. Oh, and you’ll know your PCPs from PCHs, too.
You will have the freedom to use your initiative, and the opportunity to really make the role your own. You will come up with great ideas, test them and if they are successful, you'll do it again. If not, you'll learn and try something new.
From blogs explaining all aspects of financing a car, to writing thought-pieces that complement PR campaigns, or recommending best electric cars for dog owners, you will be a confident writer who is able to research and write on a host of topics to a high standard and tight deadlines.
Putting the car buyer first in everything you do, you will work with a range of stakeholders, including SEO, PR and our commercial teams, to plan and create engaging editorial that helps meet our traffic and conversion targets.
You’ll divide your time between writing new content and updating existing editorial, ensuring you make maximum impact for the consumer. We’re looking for a dynamic individual to bring your own ideas to the table, constantly asking yourself ‘how can I make it better?’.
The role will involve:
- You’ll ensure carwow has the best consumer advice on the web, answering all the important questions car-buyers have
- Build a consumer content plan and execute it to agreed deadlines
- Identify content gaps in our consumer advice. Fill those gaps with engaging and optimised editorial, with a focus on providing the best advice on those considering an electric car.
- Monitor performance of our consumer content (traffic and activations), adapt content plans using these insights
You will need:
- Have experience of writing for the automotive, technology or personal finance sectors
- Be able to demonstrate your portfolio of work on a range of topics
- Be excited about cars and car buying, keeping up to date with trends and new products and innovations
- Be able to write in our tone of voice and know how to optimise your copy, incorporating keywords into your work sensitively, while still retaining your readers’ attention
- Have a working knowledge of content management systems.
- An understanding of web analytics, and how to act on them, would be an advantage
- Full driving licence
What’s on Offer:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve
- Financial: Private pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits (i.e. cycle to work), Travel Loan
- Flexible working: For those that want to, you'll be able to work from home for the majority of the week, with up to 1-2 days max in the office. You’ll be eligible for a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home. We also have a new ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it.
- Office: When we are in the office, a dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here).
- Health: Private medical health insurance, subsidised gym membership, free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, coffee with the exec sessions, culture club, social events (currently virtual)
With people from over 25 different nationalities already part of our team, at carwow we strongly believe a diverse and inclusive workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. We are committed to creating a team where anybody can thrive regardless of their background. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (you can view them here).