FlexJobs’ mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 14 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities Of The Job: The Opportunity
The role, put simply, is to research companies, develop company profiles, and write unique company descriptions to help our job seekers. To be upfront, you do not need to be a professional writer to be great at this job, and this is not a creative writing role. You do need to be a great writer with exceptional research skills, but more than that we'd love to find someone who believes in our mission of helping job seekers find quality information about flexible companies before they apply.
Here Are The Three Most Important Things About This Role
1. You must possess a strong journalistic and neutral writing tone, with an excellent command of the English language, and impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills.2. Our writers have to be comfortable and accurate when researching companies on the the Internet and turning large amounts of information into unique, concise content—experience in writing with SEO knowledge is a plus.3. You’ll need to be highly organized and responsible, with a great attention to detail.
Experience and Skills For This Role
- 2+ years of writing experience
- Have a streak of perfectionism when it comes to clean data and details
- Excellent research and information analysis skills
- Some company branding knowledge/experience needed
- Be able to work quickly and responsibly under a deadline with solid time-management capabilities
- Be proactive communicator who is comfortable asking questions and receiving feedback, but is also happy working independently
Traits Required of All Team Members at FlexJobs
- A sense of pride in your work
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term contract with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we'll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- Be sure to answer the application questions
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.