Do you have strong copywriting experience, a passion for interacting with fans, and a keen eye for quality community content? Interested in working with a world-renowned, globally-known, West Coast tech/gaming company? You might be perfect in this Seattle/Redmond-based role!
In this role you’ll be working closely with internal and external teams creating visual and written content to engage a worldwide audience.
- Create, format, and publish high-quality written content for brand channels highlighting franchise news and updates according to brand strategy—including blogs, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Generate and execute editorial content plans to encourage engagement with the community.
- Create and maintain a regular publishing cadence on all channels according to the Community content calendar.
- Produce regular reports on the results of written content and develop data-driven insights to improve brand social strategy.
- Format and publish franchise patch notes and in-game news, ensuring the widest-reaching channels always appear active and current.
- Work with our client’s world-class game development, production, and localization teams to ensure global accessibility to the latest developments in the community.
- Use (or develop) a deep knowledge of the client’s franchise and community to create compelling content and speak with an authentic brand voice.
- Monitor trends in community sentiment and produce reports as needed to highlight community concerns, risks, and desires.
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years’ experience in Community Management, written content creation for a brand, or a related field.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with HTML and CSS for formatting posts on both CRM platforms and in emails. Specific experience publishing polished pieces through WordPress, Steam, and Sprout Social a plus.
- Thorough expertise with major social media platforms, especially the nuances of publishing content to each.
- Understanding of the role visual content plays in supplementing written content, and the ability to identify appropriate art requests for each post.
- An eye for quality and attention to detail to deliver high-caliber content on tight deadlines.
- Experience showing value through data-driven reporting and analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have or develop a deep knowledge of the franchise’s titles and audience.
- Experience working on a team managed through task tracking software such as ADO or ClickUp.
- Constant drive to learn and be adaptable to ever-changing surroundings and community trends.
- Ability to occasionally work flexing hours as the franchise production schedule demands.
- Passion for and understanding of gaming, gaming culture, and the sentiment patterns of gaming communities.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Possess
- Proficiency publishing through CRM tools such as Sprout and WordPress, as well as on Steam.
- Proficiency with image manipulation tools such as Photoshop.
- An interest in world history and proficiency in historical research methods.
- Formal copy editing experience and thorough familiarity with grammatical style guides.
PRO TIP: Take your time and make sure you do a thorough job in completing your application. Your responses should be grammatically correct and comprehensive. This will greatly increase the probability of scoring an interview!
ModSquad is a global provider of managed digital engagement services. Our 10,000+ Mods chat with customers, moderate web content, manage communities, and buzz in social media for many of the world’s coolest brands, including the NFL, Zendesk, and Topps, to name a few.
We bring companies closer to their customers than ever before. From global enterprises to international agencies to hip new startups, our clients have reaped the benefits of putting ModSquad’s expertise to work. With experienced Mods available in 50+ languages in 70+ countries, we’re your squad for the digital world.
ModSquad is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.