Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote Commerce Writer to join our growing BDG Shops team.
The BDG Shops team collaborates with our Branded Content and Editorial teams to create revenue-driving affiliate content across a wide range of product categories, with a particular focus on fashion and beauty content on Bustle and The Zoe Report.
BDG Shops content leverages a newly-integrated native checkout tool, and the success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means the ideal candidate is not only a strong writer but can also effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing.
Candidates should have three or more years of experience in content writing for digital or print, ideally in the fashion or beauty space. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products and shopping trends.
Candidates must have the availability to work 15-20 hours per week remotely (can be on their own time). This position is a 3-month contract with the possibility of extension.
Examples Of BDG Shops Stories
Affordable Summer Dresses Under $200 (TZR)
These Gorgeous One-Piece Swimsuits Are Perfectly On-Trend (TZR)
5 Bridgerton-Inspired Dresses You’ll Wear On Repeat (Bustle)
These 6 ‘Ugly’ 2000s Fashion Trends Are Making A Comeback (Bustle)
- Pitch and write BDG Shops affiliate articles for sites such as Bustle and The Zoe Report. Topics will range from product launches to celebrity style as well as originally reported shopping stories which encompass a mix of evergreen, service-driven, and trend stories
- Work closely with your editor to ensure articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- Previous experience with commerce or product copywriting
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work 15-20 hours per week remotely
- A select number of stories will require the writer to find sources and conduct phone or email interviews. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (i.e. wardrobe stylists, makeup artists, estheticians, hairstylists) is a plus
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture.
Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.