The editorial team at Valnet Inc. is looking for a dedicated comic book, film and TV expert to provide news coverage at CBR.com - the oldest and most respected comic book culture website in the world.
If you read every comic you can get your hands on each Wednesday, and you've got a hankering to write about the biggest, most provocative events that unfold within their pages, have we got a job for you!
CBR is looking for talented, experienced writers who love reading through piles of weekly comic books, identifying the most noteworthy happenings within them, and turning around insightful and interesting features to share with our community, all to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
Want to turn your passion for our beloved nerd culture into a stable writing gig? Do you think you'd like a great fit for our team? Apply to join the CBR Team today!
**Freelance and Contracted position**
- Write 1-2 Feature articles daily, under a wide range of word counts
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in comics, tv, movies, video games, anime, manga, and anywhere else fandom may reach
- Coordinate with Features Editors and Senior CBR Editors for assignments and feedback
- Cover Letter
- 2 - 3 samples you would present right now as suitable CBR feature pieces
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of old and current comic books, tv shows, original streaming programs, video games, anime, manga
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.