Harbor Compliance is a fast-growing technology company that is reinventing how nonprofits and businesses manage critical areas of compliance. An Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 honoree, Harbor Compliance is using technology to simplify the complexities of business licensing and legal entity management. We have scaled to 25,000 clients and are just getting started.
We publish quality educational material for free because we believe that compliance should be accessible to all. We have a proven inbound demand generation process that is rooted in white hat SEO, and this position will contribute directly to that success.
We are looking for a Technical Writer who writes clearly and authoritatively. The Technical Writer performs a variety of duties, such as outlining, applying data-informed marketing principles, working with the department Director for developmental editing, proofreading, and optimizing for search rankings; all in preparation for final publication consistent with the Harbor Compliance brand.
- Creates outlines for review from a prioritized list of projects
- Develops outlines based on data-informed SEO principles
- Writes content that explains highly detailed and technical ideas with precision and clarity
- Edits content to incorporate developmental guidance and brand voice
- Ensures that all activities are in alignment with white hat SEO best practices
- Excellent, demonstrable writing skills
- Thorough understanding and familiarity with SEO or web analytics tools like Google Analytics, AdWords, MOZ, and others
- Self-starter who will leverage internal expertise and external sources to find answers when writing
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Performs work under general supervision
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to the department Director
Location and Hours
Open to a remote position for candidates located anywhere in the US except for New York or California, with travel required as necessary to meet business objectives. Local candidates near or willing to relocate to our Lancaster, PA headquarters are preferred.
Generous benefits include paid time off, seven paid holidays, health plan including medical/dental/vision, life insurance, disability, paid parental leave, and retirement plan matching.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.