Thousands of design teams — from freelancers, to some of the world’s largest companies — use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Over the last ten years, we’ve helped define the UI design software category and we’re proud to help designers worldwide create great products. Would you like to join us and excite people about what’s next for our platform? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Campaigns Writer.
We’re a company of diverse thinkers and doers who take pride in always improving our product. We share a vision and commitment to help each other — and our customers — create great work.
We’ve been fully remote since day one. It’s meant we can bring together incredible people from around the world.
We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes us unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results.
We work asynchronously as much as we can. Our team communicates mostly in writing, using Slack and Notion. When we need it, we also have video calls. We believe in collaboration and knowledge-sharing, and we provide the environment and tools you need to do your best work.
What We're Looking For
You’re a confident writer and communicator, with creative flair and the ability to think outside the box. You know how to communicate complex topics in ways that are understandable for readers.
Collaborating and coordinating with others is second nature to you, and you’re always looking for ways to shape your work around other teams’ efforts and wider business goals.
You feel comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time. You conduct them with an open mind and always keep the goal of the campaign present. You understand that in a dynamic environment there’s a correct balance between quality and speed.
Writing ad copies, email communications, guides and campaign material is what you do and what you enjoy. You’re proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work.
Our team works remotely, so you’ll need to have an excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Campaigns, you’ll be responsible for writing and editing campaign material. From acquisition and conversion, to activation and retention, you’ll be supporting our marketing campaigns.
In This Role, You Will
- Work with the Head of Marketing Campaigns to build the campaign content strategy.
- Also, work closely with other writers to help them improve the quality of the work we produce.
- Work cross-team to guarantee campaigns are delivered on time and to the highest quality.
- Interrogate internal briefs to determine appropriate campaign directions.
- Create and deliver narratives and messaging to support demand generation and awareness campaigns.
- Apply your creative flair and expertise in your writing to bring life to campaigns.
- Develop a close working relationship with our Head of Sales and Demand Generation Lead to help facilitate comms for their core audiences.
- Use analytics to measure the performance of communications, identify areas for improvement and make changes that have a real impact on our business.
- Support other members of the product and brand marketing teams with their writing, where necessary.
- Produce compelling advertising copy that helps our digital campaigns succeed across multiple channels.
- Tailor stories and adapt our messaging to different audiences and different channels.
- Research and apply learnings to new campaign material (e.g.follow trends, on top of GDPR, compliance to be able to innovate e.g. email).
- Write (and autonomously appraise) high quality, consistent, clear, brief, accurate & readable content.
- Make sure our content speaks the language of the target audience while maintaining our tone of voice.
- 3+ years in a campaigns focussed writing role.
- A background or strong personal interest in digital design.
- Strong experience with ad copies for multiple channels and email communications.
- An excellent level of written English.
- High attention to detail, with an eye for editorial consistency and spelling/grammatical accuracy.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
- You have a working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- You know your way around tools like Slack, Notion, GitHub, and Google Analytics.
- You have worked in a fully remote environment and know the importance of communicating asynchronously.
- You have agency experience or you have worked in at least one fast-growing company.
- You have a strong background in content strategy.
- You have knowledge of HubSpot or other CRM platforms as a tool to help with reporting and communications.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.