Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing & remote work environment? Would you like to work on a mobile application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Do you want to make it your mission to turn Drops into a household name across the world? You might just be the perfect fit for our new Brand Storyteller here at Drops!
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning and we're very much on the way there! Our app has been live on the App Stores for over 4 years, covering 45 languages, serving 32 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day, most recently in 130+ countries in September 2021) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many more.
In short, we're a tiny but very powerful team spread mostly across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! The founder is involved in every day implementation, strategy and support, working with the team on innovative ideas to shift the needle in the language learning space. Recently acquired by Kahoot! In 2020, Drops’ network and resources and success is on a hyper growth path forward! Check us out and see what you think: http://drops.app.link/
We’re Looking For Someone Who
- Is an expert in written communication who can write in a fun, simple yet engaging style
- A storyteller who solves problems through language and wordplay - literally, with Drops you play with your words in our app!
- Someone who owns our brand tone of voice and messaging. Is confident and also a clear (verbal) communicator.
- Experience writing for digital products with an understanding of CTAs & AB testing
- Knows the consumer audience based on the channel of communication
- Be the Brand Voice owner across all forms of communications within the platform.
- Develop & manage a system to facilitate, track and execute on different copy requests and needs
- Be responsible for idea proposals and copywriting for marketing campaigns. You will solve strategic and creative challenges with the emphasis on messaging, narrative, brand voice, tone and innovative thinking
- Create messages and themes that succeed across mediums, formats and all digital campaign types including display, social media and CRM
- Create engaging stories for media exposure and write press releases that grab journalists’ attention
- Ensure copy and ideas are up to brand tone and standards, as well as marketing goals
- Translate complicated concepts into easy to understand and digestible stories
- Microcopy for functional interaction / UX design needs
- Shaping brand voice across user journeys and flows
- Understands Short form copywriting vs. Long form
- Understands SEO, keyword marketing and other digital marketing basics
- Gets KPIs, analytics & measurement and is able to create, navigate and track impact of their work.
What you’ll bring along
- Bachelor degree in communications, (creative) writing or similar with at least 3 - 5 years of experience
- Native level of English - ability to work with more than 2 languages fluently a big plus
- Proven experience in marketing copy for a wide range of channels – with emphasis on digital
- Ability to write in adherence to brand voice and established style
- Attention to detail – you must be able to write and rewrite until the message is clear and strong
- Knowledge of the mobile app industry is a big plus
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a remote team environment
What You Will Be Doing
- You’ll be responsible for all messaging as they related to campaign launches, promotions and product release announcements with our users. This includes the digital marketing and user communications across email, IAM, Push & if necessary, website.
- You’ll be working with Jira to align team members across campaign tasks..
- You’ll be responsible for drafting the campaign communications to be optimised for all the different channels.
- Once the messaging has been approved, you’ll work with our awesome team of translators to get the messages translated.
- You’ll also work closely with our design expert to ensure we have all the illustrations or graphics needed for the relevant marketing materials.
- You’ll also be setting campaign parameters that we’ll want to test against the KPIs
- You’ll keep a watchful eye on the performance of the campaigns
- You’ll also be coordinating with team members and Kahoot! (our parent company) to ensure that campaigns are seamlessly executed.
- You’ll make sure that all areas of comms have the right messaging, and materials for a launch
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 26 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations) - Once we can move freely of course
Hey, this is Irma, Head of Team at Drops. Thanks for reading the whole job ad, it's a feat in itself. Did you ever wonder what happens to your application? Well, I'm the one who will be reading it.
And I'm looking for candidates who are not just looking for any old job, but want to work for Drops. When submitting an application please include a personal story about you and language learning. Take a look at our communication channels and try to match our tone in your description. Can't wait to read it!