At Close, we’re building the sales communication platform of the future. We’ve built a next-generation CRM that eliminates manual data entry and helps sales teams close more deals. We’re a ~40 person distributed team, profitable, and building a product our customers love.
Close is seeking a clever Creative Marketer to join our squad. You’re a wiz with words and are skilled at producing punchy, engaging copy that inspires action. You understand that a compelling narrative is the backbone of successful marketing campaigns. Your entrepreneurial spirit and high (but focused) energy allows you to create impact quickly.
Sound like YOU?
Primary Responsibilities Of This Role Include
- Owning our product and brand messaging. From landing pages and email sequences to ads and videos, you’ll cut through the noise with edgy, yet empathetic, copy that resonates with our target audience. However we communicate with our audience, you’ll have your hands in it.
- Leading GTM launches for feature releases and product updates. You’ll oversee all go-to-market campaigns, coordinating across multiple departments. All of the messaging around these launches will be yours, and you’ll ensure that they’re carried across all of our product and marketing channels.
- Owning the marketing website. Our website, it’s yours. Write, revamp, or optimize existing messaging and identify opportunities for new content. Work with developers and designers to ensure that the site cohesively has the info and attitude we aspire toward.
- Champion our customers and platform. Via the production of testimonials, case studies, and customer profiles Create content that showcases the power and benefits of our product.
- Work alongside our marketing team. Close has some of the best sales content in the game. We’re looking at you to work closely with our existing team to ensure that we’re thoughtfully tying in product benefits to our thought-leadership content.
This Role Will Be Measured By
- The quality of new trials/customers we attract (LTV and target industries)
- On-site trial conversion rate
- Growth of new trials
- More qualitatively, it will be your responsibility to elevate our brand across all our marketing channels.
- EXPERT command of the English language (written and verbal), with the ability to write in a wide variety of styles. Must be a copywriting pro—masterfully creating value-packed, relatable content with attitude.
- 3+ years experience working within a tech, agency, or SaaS organization
- 2+ years in a copywriting or marketing roleInsatiable curiosity about new technologies and SaaS products. You're always up-to-date with the movers and shakers in tech
- Project management pro—can coordinate and juggle a variety of projects from conception through production and ensure alignment with other internal teams (Product, Customer Success, Sales, etc)
- Can provide work samples of marketing campaigns and copy that have driven impressive results (blow our socks off!)
- High energy, curious personality, positive attitude, no B.S. approach
- You’ve been told you’re funny and/or clever...preferably both
- Research skills (especially in regards to industry and competitive research)
- Content and/or social media marketing experience
- Experience with email marketing and automation
- Strong eye for design
Why Work With Us
- Culture video 💚
- Our story and team 🚀
- Glassdoor Reviews
- 100% remote-first team for over 6 years (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- 2 x annual team retreats ✈️When we start traveling again ;) (Lisbon retreat video)
- Competitive salary
- 7 weeks PTO (includes company-wide winter holiday break)
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- Parental leave (10 wks primary caregiver / 4 wks secondary caregiver)
- 99% premiums paid for excellent medical and dental coverage, including an HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 4% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practicing a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our organization - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 12 countries and 16 states; a collection of talented humans rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and cultures. Twice a year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. We see these retreats as an opportunity to strengthen the social fiber of our community. This team is growing in more ways than one - we’ve recently launched 11 babies (and counting!).
Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our organization. At Close, we have a high care factor for one another, in making an awesome product and championing the success of our customers.
Interested in Close but don't think this role is the best fit for you? View our other positions.