At Hasbro, we’re changing the face of play and entertainment. We’re looking for people who want to explore, experiment and innovate to come up with the best ideas. Our culture of Community, Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Inclusion has inspired our diverse team of highly skilled, highly creative and highly committed individuals for 90+ years, and we believe the best is yet to come.
Hasbro's Brand Writing team is looking to add a temporary resource to the team. This role is scheduled to run through the end of 2020 and can be based remote. As a Brand Writer, you will work in partnership with Brand Design and Marketing to produce clear, persuasive copy for toy and game product packages, instructions, e-commerce copy, ads, and supporting collateral.
You will name products and develop signature styles that capture and define the essence of our brands. You should be able to write in a wide range of styles and be comfortable handling numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development.
This position demands someone who can not only write creatively, but who can think creatively—someone prepared to contribute on-target ideas to multiple brand development teams.
A Day in the Life of a Hasbro Brand Creative Writer:
Write copy for packages, instructions, web descriptions, ads, and supporting collateral including:
• Generate product and brand names and taglines
• Write shopper-friendly e-commerce copy that adheres to SEO methodologies
• Assist in the development of easily communicable gameplay with the Brand Design team
• Research relevant product and competitive information
• Use consumer insights gained through product testing to continually improve the impact of output
• Present work and obtain Marketing approvals
• Track multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Monitor legal, licensor, and regulatory requirements
• Collaborate with the global editorial team
• Update copy documents on group servers
Collaborate with product development teams including:
• Initiate and attend team meetings, product kick-offs, approval meetings, and status meetings
• Work closely with Marketing, Graphic Design, Product Design, Engineering, Legal, Quality Assurance, and Global Adaptations to understand product features and positioning and to contribute to brand development
What You Will Bring
• BA in English, Writing, Journalism, or equivalent related experience required
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in creating/editing consumer-targeted written materials for well-known brands
• Demonstrated command of all aspects of creative writing, including the ability to write against a defined brand strategy
• Capable of writing in a range of styles and in managing numerous concurrent projects at different phases of development
• Demonstrated creative and technical writing talent
• Knowledge of communication strategies
• Experience writing for e-commerce
• Understanding of SEO and algorithmic search function
• Versatile in understanding strategic points of difference of product page fundamentals, include product title, feature bullets, product description, and A+ content
• Ability to maximize use of required keywords in an organic, creative, and shopper-friendly tone
• Ability to pair appropriate words with visual elements
• Ability to think quickly and adjust to changing circumstances
• Flexibility to work independently or collaboratively
• Excellent attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
• Confidence, resilience, and a positive attitude
Hasbro is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. We are committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Segment: Branding, Brand Manager, Engineer, Temporary, Law, Marketing, Engineering, Contract, Legal.