Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle is seeking an experienced creative copywriter to join our brand experience team. This individual will partner with creative directors, copywriters, visual and UX designers, and marketers to create compelling copy for the Oracle brand and products. We have studios in the SF Bay Area, Seattle, and Guadalajara, Mexico. If you have a passion for writing, creativity, and building brands, we would love to hear from you.
What We’re Looking For In a Copywriter
- You thrive on collaboration. You make the people around you better by melding your creative energy with designers, writers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and executives.
- You get stuff done. You are resourceful, decisive, and quick to respond when called into action.
- You are a fantastic storyteller. You know that our products tell our customers a story through the user experience. You won’t rest until that story is a compelling one.
- You dig technology and are interested in how tech solutions can really help people — and you’d love to tell those kinds of stories. (But you don’t have to be an Oracle expert on day one, we’ll teach you.)
- You know how to write to an audience of business decision makers, but you know they are also people too and can write for them with a human touch.
- You know the rules—and when to break them. You know that creating a coherent experience requires seeing the big picture. You know when your work needs to fit into a tidy system, and you know when to create something completely new to appeal to different audiences.
- You know you don’t know everything. To you, being wrong is just another opportunity to learn and get better at what you do.
- And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to becoming a light unto others when it comes to brand building and storytelling.
- Being able to quickly become a subject matter expert on a broad range of tech products
- The ability to write for creative projects across audiences and channels
- Being both creative and strategic—using customer insights and data to develop a strong POV that differentiates and informs creative
- Can present your work to stakeholders and drive positive conversations about creative
- Omnichannel copywriting and editing content from subject matter experts
- Write original copy for TV/video, social, out of home, radio, event collateral, and website
- Create messaging frameworks and guidelines that enable other writers in the company to write on brand messaging
- Follow Oracle brand voice and help in the constant evolution and development of the brand voice as a member of the brand copywriting team.
- Collaborate with designers, business partners, and program managers to develop creative content
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years’ professional copywriting experience in related field or advertising, with agency and/or in-house experience
- Experience writing broadcast print, social, and web with an award-winning portfolio of work
- Ability to combine business strategy, brand strategy, and customer insight to craft engaging creative
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills; must be able to edit own work
- Ability to write in plain language to various audiences while adhering to brand voice
- Skilled at presenting to senior-level stakeholders, explaining creative decisions, taking direction and feedback, and quick to apply changes
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage multiple priorities
- Self-driven and able to be both strategic and execution-oriented
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.