Experience Design at TrueLayer is the place where visionary designers, creative developers and innovative copywriters work together to build user centred omni-channel journeys. Our mission is to build a recognisable brand and a consistent experience. To make this a reality we built “Prisma” — our own Design System.
Prisma is a component library and brand guidelines documentation tool that simplifies and standardise brand and UX/UI practices across the whole organisation. From our APIs interface to our marketing campaigns — almost everything in TrueLayer is built with Prisma to guarantee a set of recurring patterns that remove cognitive load from the user journey.
We’re looking for a passionate copywriter to join the Prisma team and own our brand tone of voice. This not a content writer role, your focus will be on branding and guidelines, so get ready to carve your own path through chaos and ambiguity and bring structure and processes that will permit us to scale. Been there, done that? Good. But if you also are up for doing things differently and explore new solutions, even better! We like experimentation.
Lone wolf? Nah. TrueLayer will give you the opportunity to align with other peers in different departments such as Marketing and Product and mentor them on language best practices and as well as gaining familiarity with the latest tools, processes and technologies used company wide.
Who we are
At TrueLayer, we’re making finance work smarter for everyone by enabling secure, global access to the financial system. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan and Hong Kong, we’ve raised $47M to date and we’re trusted by some of the biggest names in fintech, including Monzo, Revolut, and Zopa.
Our people are what makes us great - at TrueLayer, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in fintech and contribute to projects that have global impact. As we enter hyper-growth and expand our open banking platform across Europe and Asia, we’re looking for talented individuals who share our core principles to join us.
Our mission is to grow the open banking economy. We’re currently the leading open banking provider in the UK, and we’re just getting started…
What you will do:
- Own the tone of voice guidelines and aligning to the brand audiences
- Build, expand and maintain its documentation
- Actively collaborate with Product to keep it aligned to business needs
- Actively collaborate with Marketing to define strategic keywords and craft media-kit materials
- Create alignment between departments and make sure we are consistent
- Review and suggest edits to Prisma documentation
- Review and suggest edits to company-wide products and services
- Keep our language always personal, human and easy to understand
What we need from you:
- 7+ years of copywriting experience
- you have worked in a tech company
- you have experience in both B2B/B2C
- you are a master at simplifying complexities
- you have previously created tone of voice guidelines
- you are a “words-geek”
- you know what an API is (without googling it)
- you have empathetic writing skills
- you feel at ease collaborating with Brand, UX, Marketing, Product and Engineering teams to deliver a range of copy with different objectives whilst aligning to an overall brand audiences
- you are an expert editor and enjoy working closely with content creators to help them craft perfect prose that hits the brief
Nice to have:
- experience in fintech
- link to a tone of voice guidelines you crafted
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company 💰
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell 🏢
- Team lunches on Friday 🍔
- Flexible hours and remote working ⌛️
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave 👩👩👧👦
- Pension & Health Insurance 👴🏾
- Learning & development allowance 📕
- Annual retreat & regular team socials 💃🏽🕺🏻
- Choice of hardware 💻
- (and yes we have both a ping pong table 🏓and pool table 🎱)
Be your True(Layer) self at work
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
So, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won’t be successful without Inclusion first. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that’s the right fit for every person in it.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note, we don't accept applications from recruitment agencies - thank you!