The Blog Manager will act as the product owner of Hubstaff’s established blog. This role will ensure consistent use of the Hubstaff voice through writing, editing, and proofreading. The ideal candidate will have keen attention to detail, excellent writing and editing skills, SEO knowledge, ability to manage deadlines and writers, be familiar with conversion best practices, have experience with running a blog, and be data-driven. This person will need to plan and execute like a project manager while also editing and writing with best practices for brand, content, and grammar in mind. They will be an expert in creating and proliferating content inline with where our business is headed as a whole.
We are a fully remote team and have team members around the globe. For this position, we ask for at least 4 hours of overlap with the 8am-2pm EST workday.
- Handle execution and production of blog posts:
- Own the blog content calendar (production, scheduling, and maintenance)
- Proofread all blog posts with Hubstaff voice and tone standards in mind
- Work with SEO team to edit and review content as needed
- Deliver work on time and publish on schedule
- Work with broader content team to execute on strategy
- Use Wordpress to publish and format posts
- Source images and visuals to aid content
- Manage a team of staff and freelance writers
- Contribute as a writer regularly
- Know your numbers. The Blog Manager will be responsible for KPIs and will be expected to report on them weekly with a corrective plan of action if we’re slipping off course.
- Be the conversion gatekeeper, ensuring every post has relevant and compelling CTAs
- Write, edit, and proofread weekly and monthly blog emails to subscribers
- Respond to guest post requests with Hubstaff form, review responses for mutually beneficial projects and propose to the content team
- Manage and respond to Hubstaff Blog email
- Work with marketing managers on content outreach for specific blog posts
60% - Writing, proofreading, editing, and publishing content
15% - Manage biweekly blog emails and other related tasks
15% - Analyze results and plan ongoing content for the blog and email
10% - Manage writers
Success for this position looks like:
- High quality of content consistently published on the Hubstaff blog
- Create checks and balances to ensure consistent voice and tone
- Increase monthly new visits to the blog and subsequent conversion of visitors
- Grow subscriber list
Successful team members at Hubstaff:
Own it - Have pride in the work you do and own it from start to finish. Do what you say you’re gonna do without being nudged.
Prove it - Know your numbers. Show evidence for decisions and prove later that they worked. This earns respect.
Trim it - Work efficiently, and recognize when time is being wasted. See opportunity for improvements. Don’t get bloated so that projects get slowed down by unneeded communication. This is why we keep teams small.
Solve it - present solutions not problems, and think for yourself. You have permission to create. Creation adds value. Take charge and just get it done.
Mean it - Share opinions honestly and respectfully. Don’t be afraid to pick a side and defend it.
Feel it - Start with empathy. Not an assembly line. Take initiative and think with the customer in mind.
Ship it - Act with urgency and choose simple over complex. It's better to release something early and iterate on it than perfect it first.
Team Hubstaff - We’re in this together and we’re all on the same team. Have each other’s backs and take time to appreciate each other.
Hubstaff is a 100% distributed team that values:
- Hard work
- Data-driven decisions
- Having a great time
- Building a product that is doing well
Sound good? Apply and let us know how you'd be a good fit for the Hubstaff team. We look forward to hearing from you!