Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What We're Looking For
We are hiring a Bilingual Technical Writer to join the TaxCycle team at Xero. The TaxCycle team builds tax software for Canadian accountants and bookkeepers to prepare tax returns for their clients.
Your experience and skills in creating and maintaining content in both English and French will allow us to get our valuable education content in front of Canadian tax preparers at the right time. You’ll be a problem solver who builds strong connections within our team and with key subject matter experts—always being collaborative and approachable. You’ll be able to deal with ambiguity, will be excellent at prioritization and will maintain focus on creating and maintaining top-notch educational content.
What You'll Do
- You’ll work as part of a team responsible for all customer communications for TaxCycle. You’ll be responsible for writing and updating help topics, release notes, blog posts and web pages used by our customers and sales/service team. You’ll focus on explaining technical and tax concepts in plain language to help our sales and support teams provide timely and exceptional service.
- You’ll work closely with other members of the TaxCycle product development team to help drive the continual improvement of our content. You’ll focus on maintaining educational content, keeping it up-to-date with product changes and structured as effectively as possible for our users to access the right information easily.
- This role requires a person who is a great team player. You will have an eye for detail, be flexible, proactive and a great communicator.
What You'll Bring
- An ability to explain technical concepts in plain language
- Demonstrated ability to understand new technology and technical subjects quickly
- Tax, accounting/bookkeeping knowledge preferred
- Expert English and French written language skills
- Experience writing for desktop or online software
- Experience working with publishing software and content management tools
- Excellent attention to detail when writing and editing
- An eye for creating attractive and effective layout and design
The Tools You'll Use
- Umbraco content management system
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- TechSmith SnagIt
- Microsoft DevOps
- Adobe InDesign
The Qualifications You'll Need
- A bachelor’s degree in writing, English, French or translation, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ‘whole self’ to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams’ continuous improvement and career development.
Want to read more about inclusivity at Xero? Learn a little more about it here - https://www.xero.com/ca/about/social-and-environmental-impact/diversity-and-inclusion/
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares and great parental leave policies. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform, and TaxCycle and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business.