Plan Zero is Mitie’s initiative to make net-zero carbon happen. Our knowledge of customer estates, combined with our ability to execute a zero-carbon strategy from assessment through to delivery is, we believe, unrivalled. Our customers include the biggest organisations in the UK and to date we have saved them over 353,000 tonnes of carbon.
We believe every organisation has a responsibility to act to reduce their impact on the planet and we are recruiting talented, passionate people to help us make Plan Zero happen.
Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools, and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
How You Will Make Plan Zero Happen
As a crucial part of the Mitie Energy sales team, you will play a pivotal role in driving growth across our energy solutions offering and customer-base. You will directly and materially contribute to Mitie’s objectives for reducing energy consumption and carbon through our Plan Zero solutions.
As an expert Bid Writer / Manager, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end bid process, including; pre-qualification, tendering, frameworks and public sector portals, internal bid governance, targeted bid-writing and customer presentations creation.
What will you do day to day?
You will be supporting the sales team in selling a variety of solutions including; Energy Bureau and Data Services, Building Management Systems, Compliance, Sustainability, Consulting and Carbon Performance Contracting and in doing so you will:
- Manage the sales process end-to-end from inception through to client submission and post-tender activity
- Improve quality of submissions through intelligence gathering and clearly communicated differentiation, e.g. incorporating outputs from Plan Zero Client Benchmark Analysis
- Ensure de-risked technical and commercial submissions through comprehensive appreciation of client requirements and producing tailored submissions
- Co-ordinate with specialist internal functions (technical, operational, legal and commercial) to produce client focussed solutions
- Produce tender outputs including but not limited to written submissions, division of responsibilities (DoR), delivery models, solutions, pricing assumptions
- Produce opportunity summary for bid-no-bid qualification, internal governance processes, and to support tailored pricing
- Promote best in class submissions across other teams within the business to ensure compelling proposals
- Own and maintain; a tender filing structure for consistent record keeping, a workload tracker to monitor and report on progress of opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Bid Library of standardised responses and collateral to increase time efficiency and quality of submissions
- Create Lessons Learned Register to capture client feedback and implement improvements for future submissions and participate in Business Excellence and continuous improvement activities
Who Will You Work With?
Reporting to the Sales Director, Energy Core, you will play a pivotal role in the development and submission of first class sales materials and supporting information and in doing so you will have regular engagement with:
- The Energy Core Sales and Business Development team
- Mitie customers and their representatives (e.g. technical consultants, main contractors)
- Internal operational stakeholders, including Strategic Account Managers, Technical Account Managers and Operations
- Plan Zero Central Leadership Team and Energy Core sales management
- Executive and Senior Leadership across the organisation
- Ideally you will have a proven Bid Management / Bid Writing experience in the Energy & Environmental Management / Technical Facilities Management / HVAC industry
- Understanding of a wider range of energy and carbon reductions solutions would be advantageous
- Excellent and evidenced time management, organisational, computer / IT systems and writing skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Relevant formal qualifications would be an advantage
Experience & Skills
- You will be a results-driven, self-motivated individual with a strong sales support background
- Strong knowledge of the built environment and energy markets and their key drivers and influencing factors (e.g.) legislation, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- Proactive and flexible approach to working with an ability to take the initiative and work within a highly matrixed organisation
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.