Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire a talented writer to work within our Commercial team to support and develop our already strong footing in the UK and Irish markets.
The fast-paced role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on opportunities in current and potential customers. Our vision is to create a world-class bid management capability supported by talented individuals driving our growth and success.
You will be able to work on multiple projects at one time and will be have several elements to their role:
- Produce high quality content including but not limited to written submissions, case studies, testimonials, and methodologies.
- Supporting bid kick-off meetings, storyboarding workshops and review meetings.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment without compromising creativity or quality.
You will need to work across commercial, project managers, and delivery consultants to ensure the best quality content is prepared, submitted, and managed; this will include preparation of documentation, tender responses, case studies and guiding demonstrations during the selection process for large consulting project or managed services bids.
The role will ideally be based out of our Edinburgh or Belfast office; however, we will also consider candidates who wish to be based at any of our other offices e.g. London, Dublin or Birmingham.
As our bid and content writer, you will be working as part of a team but also on projects on your own. You need to be comfortable working to deadlines on numerous projects simultaneously. Although primarily a writer for bid responses, an understanding of layout and general design would be beneficial.
Key Objectives Include
- Reviewing bid documents to understand client/project drivers and interpret PQQ/ITT questions.
- Write new business bid submissions, creating, and proofing your work to an excellent standard to develop winning proposals.
- Interviewing technical team members to gain a sufficient understanding of a specific topic/project to write a first-draft response. Over time, produce clear answer templates to streamline the process.
- Championing the role of the bid team around the company, responding to bid related queries and advising bid contributors on writing best practice.
- Identifying and suggesting opportunities to enhance and improve the bid process
- Seek feedback on completed proposals to continuously refine our processes.
- Produce a delivery schedule to coordinate workflow, meet deadlines and handle multiple bids.
- Promote best in class submissions across other teams within the business to ensure compelling proposals.
- Work with the wider bid team with ad hoc duties including bid aftercare and compiling, updating and maintaining a library of ‘exemplar’ responses.
- Experience writing about IT Services.
- Ideally you will have a proven Bid Management / Bid Writing experience in the Public Sector.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage stakeholders, collaborate effectively and communicate with our teams at a range of levels.
- Excellent and evidenced time management, organisational, computer / IT systems and writing skills.
Before you apply, here are some of our benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private healthcare cover, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!