Copytesting is a new startup looking for its very first full-time marketer.
We're in an exciting space - data and analytics for copy. We're completely unique, nobody else is doing what we're doing - yet we're solving a massive problem, and can add massive value.
Copy is 2x as influential as design in why visitors convert - yet companies massively underinvest in copywriting. A huge problem is that there is no data at all about what parts of the website copy work, or not. Copytesting solves this issue.
We're not exactly building a new category, but it's close. Part of our marketing needs to be evangalization of copy, and making people see the problem with new eyes. Once they see the issue through the new lens, they can't unsee it.
Who We're Looking For
We're looking for someone who's been there. You've grown lead volume and customer base for a B2B SaaS product. You’re hungry for more. You want to be able to tell the story of your next success.
You're highly proactive, can generate tons of ideas, and can get them done. You value execution speed and experimentation. You’re technical.
You have a voice and an opinion. You generate content - maybe you like to write, or be on camera, whatever is your jam.
You get all aspects of marketing - direct response, conversion optimization, you know good copy, understand growth loops, and intent based marketing.
You’re really good at what you do, and can demonstrate it.
About the Job and the Work
Together with the CEO and Head of Product you will build our growth strategy, and own the execution of this strategy.
You will work across all growth levers - traffic, signups, activation, onboarding, repeat purchases, retention, referrals.
Your key metrics are revenue and profit generated through marketing AND retention. We don’t care about vanity metrics.
You need to be scrappy and resourceful. We don’t have a huge ad budget - but constraints are great fuel for creativity. You’ll get support and resources from your team and the CEO to execute on good ideas. We’re always down to run experiments.
Fundamentally, we need to bring more qualified people to the front of the funnel by increasing awareness, and then convert them - while measuring everything.
In addition to strategy work, you’ll focus on practical day-to-day work like campaign planning and execution, generating leads, closing deals, managing social media, creating partnerships, finding distribution partners, identifying opportunities in the market.
You’ll also be expected to regularly detail progress, setbacks, and marketing insights for the whole company.
We're just getting started, so wearing many hats comes with the territory. This keeps us sharp and makes sure there’s never a dull day.
We’re a small company, and a single person can have a huge impact here. We’ll also make sure we help you achieve your personal goals and career objectives along the way. We are here to support you.
We don’t overwork people, it’s a 40 hour work week.
You get a fun, driven team of colleagues to work with.
28 paid vacation days - plenty of time to sharpen the saw
Flex hours - we care about shipping, not when you’re at the office
You’ll report directly to the CEO.
Desired Background and Skill Sets
- Strong B2B SaaS experience
- You get product marketing, and can demonstrate it
- You're technical. Zapier, APIs, product analytics - all walk in the park for you. Experience with Webflow is a plus.
- You've scaled traffic, experimented with marketing funnels and customer acquisition channels to find profitable ways to grow faster
- Expert at paid acquisition (Google Ads, Facebook)
- Strong SEO skills and content marketing experience
- Experienced in sales and business development. You love talking to people. You love picking up the phone and calling people.
- You know how large companies operate and make decisions; you’ve sold to enterprises before
- You’re highly organized – you do your research, take notes, document everything
- You have excellent presentation skills. You’re good at building slide decks and Excel reports. You can pitch.
- Passion for measurement / reporting / analytics – you like to measure the results of each action. Advanced Google Analytics skills.
- Identify and test new customer acquisition opportunities.
- Set up and optimize media campaigns across multiple platforms, including search, display, social, email to drive sales
- Work to understand "must have" customer value, and work to bring more of the right customers to this experience
- Run as many experiments as we have bandwidth for
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Craft relevant deals and partnerships to speed up our growth
- Be active on social media and evangelize copy testing
- Do what it takes to move the needle
- Increase our growth rate month over month
- Find repeatable and sustainable customer acquisition channels
- Build our go to market strategy, identify ICPs, and how to best sell to them
How to Apply
We want to get a sense of how you think, and what you've done in the past. To that end, stock cover letters won’t do.
When you show interest, come with specific examples of what you've accomplished, and how you'd do marketing for Copytesting.