About The Company We’re building apps that make life easier for Salesforce users. We move quickly, and we’re a supportive team. Our sales and marketing folks are united as ONE team nicknamed #growth (no silos here). You're expected to pull your weight, starting on day one with knowledge of Appexchange Apps and Salesforce, and a great ability to connect with other people, (oftentimes through funny memes and GIFs) while never just saying ‘yes’ to something you don’t agree with. We promote voicing opinions across all topics. You’ll learn a ton, get challenged, and enjoy who you work with (else you won't fit in). We're now in 5 countries and 12 US states, so you'd better be open-minded!
Description In a nutshell, you will be responsible for creating content people actually want, sharing content on the channels they use, and measuring the results of content marketing activities. You'll lead the creation of written content to engage audiences across our customer/partner segments. You are an expert in the planning, development, and promotion of content. You love to dig deeper into the why’s versus the how’s. You recognize that content is meaningless if it doesn’t reach the intended audience and entices them to act. And you develop every piece of content with goals of driving new business and customer advocacy.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with the Growth team (Director of Marketing, Lead Gen Manager, Digital Multimedia Content Producer, Partner Manager, and Sales) to craft written content for inbound and outbound lead gen efforts
- Work with Customer Success and Product teams to convey technical aspects and customer use cases through blogs, how-to's, and technical documentation
- Assess business goals and marketing plans to develop content plans to create a set amount (of resources each month to drive leads and awareness
- Manage, write, publish and report on content for strategic PR plan and social media strategy
- Manage and author content with creative resources and subject matter experts to support the audience journeys for targeted customer segments
- Ensure brand consistency in style, quality, and tone of voice
- Manage the production flow, calendar, and deadlines associated with content programs
- Evangelize content, both internally and externally
- Assess content performance and make recommendations to improve the efficiency of content development
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of writing for SaaS B2B (e.g. demand generation, PR, publishing, editorial, journalism, copywriting, digital marketing)
- Proven experience demonstrating how your efforts (write, copy edit, and craft stories through blogs, emails, press releases, and use cases) contributed to increased leads and customers
- Knows Salesforce ecosystem and how to use Salesforce to automate business/marketing processes
- An editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to connect with them
- Superb writing skills, with the ability to recommend, create, and repurpose content that’s relevant, differentiated, and actionable
- Excellent research and interviewing skills
- Commanding communication, collaboration, and consensus-building skills – the ability to work with cross-functional teams including upstream content contributors and downstream content activators
- Project leadership skills and the ability to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Experience in creating various types of content such as ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, blogs, etc.
Why is our work important
Our apps provide our customers what they’re looking for with Events and Payments without being hard to set up. Most apps in our space take weeks to implement, ours take hours, and they work more flexibly, achieving significantly more functionality than our competitors.
What the job will bring you
Master the world of SaaS and Salesforce Apps, share exciting insights with our customers and partners and refine and grow our content. Gain a deep level of satisfaction from being an important contributor to the growth of our company through high-quality content that helps our brand drive more value on the market, engages new and existing customers, gives a better understanding of how our products help our customers succeed.
IC (individual Contributor) or Management. We’re a 23 person team growing quickly. We’re at the precipice of the classic SaaS hockey stick growth chart and are now starting to scale, so those who produce will be able to define their own path. We deliver a bigger scope of your responsibilities than larger companies and your impact will be directly quantifiable to the success of the company and our customers. You will be one of the founding members of the marketing team and will champion the success of every piece of content created.
Report to The Director of Marketing and Partnerships
Work closely with many team members to learn different aspects of our apps over the course of many months, but you’ll be expected to start contributing through partnership logistics and learn the benefits and competitive advantages – and how to use our apps – within a few days.