We are looking for an Associate Writer who has professional experience writing for digital channels (blog, app, social, and beyond), is well-versed in early child development, and is eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for ideating, writing, and revising content geared towards parents and caretakers of young children. You will also be responsible for concurrently conducting meticulous, science-based research and fact-checking to ensure we meet our commitment to evidence-based developmental information and advice.
You empathize with what new parents want and need, and you understand their universe. You are a skilled storyteller who crafts language that not only conveys information but connects to your audience. This combined with your knowledge of early child development will enable you to create content that is thoughtful, credible, clear, and of service to Lovevery’s customers and prospects.
The Associate Writer is a self-starter who is eager to take on new projects and responsibilities, even when the path forward isn’t perfectly clear. They’re organized, communicative, and an active and positive collaborator. As a writer, they can handle multiple formats, from longer articles to shorter app content. Across the board, they put care into making each piece high-quality and are open and humble when accepting edits. They’re truly a constant learner.
- Write content related to Lovevery's mission and in our brand voice and tone based on your own knowledge of child development and careful, thorough research for blog, app, social, and other channels as needed.
- Contribute to other writing projects, including our play guides and children's books, as needed.
- Consistently produce work that meets deadlines and a high quality standard.
- Actively participate in creative brainstorms and as a member of the Writing Team. We work in a dynamic environment and welcome thoughtful ideas and solutions from all members of the team.
- Report directly to the Director of Content and collaborate with the Writing Team to ensure editorial precision and timely production.
- Demonstrate savvy in writing for digital channels; you’ll be focused primarily on our forthcoming app to start, but blogs, SEO, email, and social will also be fixtures in your work.
Qualifications and attributes
- You love writing and can handle a high volume and tight deadlines. You appreciate the detail-oriented work and time it takes to revise a piece to a high quality standard.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring topics to work on, you have deep empathy for parents, and you’re well-versed in early child development
- You’ve written a lot, especially for digital channels, and can combine this experience with an understanding of Lovevery’s voice and tone to produce effective, on-brand content.
- You’re a positive communicator and collaborator who demonstrates humility and flexibility with regard to feedback, edits, and shifting priorities.
- You’re a proactive self-starter who is resourceful and doesn't need hand holding; you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have strong attention to detail and high organizational and project management skills. You're able to work relatively independently.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in English/writing/linguistics/child development or similar with a record of strong academic performance.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are open to a temp-to-perm arrangement, but exceptions may be made.
To apply: Please attach a resume, cover letter, and sample blog post for our blog on a child development topic of your choosing (age 0-3). We suggest you read some of our blog posts before starting. Applications without these items will not be considered.