We partner with life sciences companies around the world to generate evidence to demonstrate the value of their product, translate the science and data into compelling product narratives, and enable commercial decisions that position these products for success in the market. We do this through three strategic and complimentary areas of focus: Asset Optimization and Commercialization, Value Access and Outcomes, and Medical Strategy and Communications.
Our Medical Strategy and Communications practice are presently looking for a talent Associate Medical Writer to join our growing team.
The Associate Medical Writer plays an important role in supporting delivery to client and business requirements, by direct contribution and input to assigned projects. They work closely with other members of the team and use their knowledge and skills to support internal and external projects.
Most of an Associate Medical Writer’s time will be spent working with the support and supervision of the senior team. They are relied on to provide well constructed desk research, analyses and writing that helps inform and support the work of the medical writing team. They will often be called upon to administer project management tasks for projects in support of project teams that may be internal or a mix of client and Medical Strategy and Communications personnel.
Associate Medical Writers will support more experienced members of the team contributing to client management, process and strategic thinking. Often, they will be asked to attend client meetings, supporting material development, taking minutes, writing notes and ensuring any materials are collected and accounted for.
The Associate Medical Writer key areas of work can be summarised as:
- Manages multiple, diverse and simultaneous tasks of high-quality under minimal supervision within the timelines and budget specified
- Writing clear, grammatically correct, technical and creative medical/scientific text, primarily focusing on congress abstracts/posters and journal articles
- Ensuring the accuracy of information, data and referencing for documents produced
- Supports business development by maintaining client relationships where appropriate and through delivery of tasks directed by colleagues
As an Associate Medical Writer, you will likely have some or all the following background and skills:
- Recently graduated with a PhD in a biomedical field or a BSc/MSc and 6+ months of previous agency experience
- Experience developing congress abstracts/posters and peer-reviewed journal publications
- A keen eye for detail/accuracy and the ability to quality-control check other writers’ work
- A pro-active attitude and intellectual curiosity with an interest in learning about new medical research in various therapeutic areas
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (+ your birthday off!)
- Private Healthcare
- Life insurance and income protection
- Cycle to work scheme, rail ticket season loan.