Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded and remote-first, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do. We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a process-oriented and data-minded Associate Media Researcher to join our Editorial team and make a big impact.
As an Associate Media Researcher, you’ll be working alongside the Editorial Director to expand, update, and maintain Muck Rack’s database of journalists and content producers. You should be excited about working in the constantly evolving media industry. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you’re a rabid consumer of information and love helping others.
Note that this position is not an editorial position in the traditional sense of the word and involves NO reporting, writing, or editing of journalistic content.
More About the Role
- Grow and maintain Muck Rack’s database of journalists and content producers and hit metric-based goals around growth and quality
- Serve as a “go-to” person for queries relating to our database and services
- Become involved in the public relations and journalism industries
- Work closely with product and tech teams to improve our platform
More About You
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience (this is a true entry-level role)
- You have the ability to wear multiple hats, jump into projects where needed and hit the ground running
- You love and understand journalism/media and have a background in news, public relations, customer service, and/or research
- Mountains of data don’t intimidate you - instead they make you curious to dig deeper
- You’re a quick study and aren’t afraid to think outside of the box to get things done more efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - you’re equally comfortable drafting an email, jumping on the phone, and presenting to large groups
- Familiar with the tools we use (i.e. Google Apps, Intercom, Slack, etc.) and can learn to use new tools quickly
- You can’t help but be organized, and you prioritize and manage your time well
More About Us
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we’re most productive and stay connected no matter where we’re located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand job requirements often don't allow your particular work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know, and how it relates to our technology. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
Create your profile on Muck Rack then apply with a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at Muck Rack. Be sure to include a resume and any other materials that help demonstrate your abilities, work, etc.
While this position is remote, we are unable to hire internationally for this role