Questex is seeking an Associate Editor to join the Fierce Wireless team. This individual will support the Fierce Wireless publication and cover daily news in the wireless telecom industry. The ideal candidate is a sharp and eager journalist ready to deliver daily reporting and analysis for a leading business-to-business news source.
This individual can operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, communicate with companies and colleagues spread across the globe, and work with an experienced team of business journalists who pride themselves on providing breaking news and thorough analysis.
The wireless telecom industry covers companies such as T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T as well as top wireless operators around the world. The Fierce Wireless Associate Editor has the opportunity to meet with high-profile executives in a fun and exciting industry.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and three published clips, including features and deadline news.
The Associate Editor will be responsible for ensuring timely, relevant news coverage; participating in live and virtual industry events; growing our online audience; posting contributions from industry analysts; and keeping social media sites fresh and interesting.
*Here's an idea of what you'd be doing as Associate Editor of Fierce Wireless: *
- Report and write daily news articles that provide context to the day's top stories
- Write periodic feature articles
- Eventually, conduct online video interviews for our virtual events
- Eventually, moderate panels at industry events
- Travel to and cover industry conferences
- Journalism degree (preferred)
- Minimum of two years editorial experience, preferably in telecom
- Web 2.?0 journalism savvy and experience
- Solid professional references who will vouch for your stellar deadline adherence and outstanding business development acumen?
Come join our talented group of writers and editors who enjoy our work—and working together. We believe we’re fielding the best team we’ve ever had, and we want you to be a part of it. Submit your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.