At Nearpod, we strive to bring joy and engagement into every classroom. Every day, we reach students through our learning platforms on Nearpod.com and Flocabulary.com. We have diverse backgrounds, but a shared goal of putting teachers and students first in everything that we do. We’re backed by leading edtech investors, and have won numerous awards including Edtech Digest’s 2018 Company of the Year. We’re looking for people with a lot of hustle, a lot of empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful. We have offices in both Fort Lauderdale, FL and Brooklyn, NY.
Location: Remotely Based
As an Associate Curriculum Writer, you will be responsible for managing, curating, and writing educational content that aligns with the strategic direction of the company, state and federal educational initiatives, and research-based pedagogy. Please note - complete applications *must *include a sample lesson plan as an attachment.
*About You: *
- You are a former teacher with a deep understanding of instructional design.
- You leverage technology to create meaningful and effective digital learning experiences.
- You approach education through an equity lens and through culturally responsive teaching practices.
- You enjoy shifting between a high-level, strategic vision as you ideate and plan and a more detail-oriented mode as you write and execute.
- You are trusted for your follow-through, efficiency, and adherence to deadlines.
- You enjoy working on multiple projects and collaborating with a team committed to inspiring young learners and educators.
- You take a creative approach to curriculum, crafting content for students that is engaging, effective, and inclusive of all learners.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop, create, review, and optimize engaging ready-to-teach lessons, interactive videos, and additional curriculum content for K-12 students across subjects.
- Write lessons and lesson templates that maximize Nearpod’s interactive features to engage teachers and learners.
- Collaborate with independent contractors, creative team, production team, and others to define and execute projects.
- Provide suggestions and formal proposals to improve digital content design.
- Align lessons to Common Core, NGSS, and specific state standards.
- Deliver projects on-time and within budget and scope.
- Contribute to ongoing team needs and company priorities.
- Support sales and marketing through curating content for website promotions and developing and maintaining implementation guides, alignment docs, demo lessons, etc.
*Required Skills and Experience: *
- Complete applications *must *include a sample lesson plan as an attachment.
- Previous experience as a K-12 classroom teacher and knowledge of pedagogy, standards, and instructional design
- Interest in the unique needs of K-12 students, teachers, and administrators and passion about ed-tech solutions and Nearpod’s content and product
- Empathy and effective communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent writing and research skills
- A love of learning and a growth mindset
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.