Have Halal, Will Travel (HHWT) is a platform dedicated to enabling Muslims to travel better. Our vision is to foster peace between people through travel - We believe that travel is a great way to break down stereotypes and biases that divide us.
We are a startup with a multi-cultural workplace consisting of people from various ethnic groups and religious beliefs. We work with international brands such as Visa International, Qatar Airways, Tourism Boards (Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong etc.) Uniqlo and Sony.
More about us:
-Forbes 30 under 30 winner (2020)
- Collaborate with the management team to research and plan content
- Commission articles
- Liaise with team members (e.g. writers, reporters and photographers, videographers) ensuring team deadlines and KPIs are met
- Write and edit 4-5 stories per day
- Proofread and check articles for accuracy
- Analyse and optimise editorial processes
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas
- Grow traffic through partnerships, SEO, social media marketing techniques etc.
- Build content for HHWT events & marketplace vertical
- Participate in media trips / press junkets
This is a full-time position based in JAKARTA (9.30am - 6.30pm). To ensure the safety of our employees during this period (COVID19), we are temporarily working remotely until the situation improves.
- Min 5 years in the digital publishing industry
- Min 2 years in digital travel publishing
- Avid traveller - domestic & international
- An eye for design (photos, videos, UX etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (Bahasa & English)
- Strong writing and proofreading skills (Bahasa)
- Experience managing editorial operations
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with publishing CMS (Wordpress / Drupal etc.)
- Proficient with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics etc.)
- Familiarity with SEO and social media platforms
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- BSc degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Bonus skills: photography, videography, design
- Basic health insurance
- Remote work (COVID period)
- 14 days pro-rated annual leave after 3 months