Arkansas Business Publishing Group is hiring a full-time assistant editor for its Consumer Publications Division.
We are looking for a leader — an experienced, enthusiastic assistant editor to join our growing and innovative team. Candidates who should apply should be go-getters, hard workers and highly motivated individuals with an eagerness to participate in all stages of the publication process.
The position helps create and oversee the editorial content and process on all consumer oriented publications within ABPG and coordinates publication concepts with the Consumer Publications publisher and editor. The print and digital publications led by this team include:
- Arkansas Bride
- NEXT: A guide to life after high school
- Arkansas NEXT PROS
- Hot Springs Guest Guide
- Metro Little Rock Guide
- Arkansas: Love Where You Live
- and more
The position requires a creative individual with strong attention to detail and a passion for providing great content. This position works closely with the senior editor, publisher, art director, researcher and others to help execute high-quality and sophisticated magazines targeted to specific audiences.
ABPG one of the state's largest publishing companies with 25 magazines and a broad collection of digital products. We have 65 people at ABPG, and we're looking for the right fit for our growing company.
- Collaborate with editors to research, pitch and plan new articles
- Communicate with team members (e.g. writers, reporters and photographers) to ensure deadlines are met
- Write and edit pieces
- Proofread and check articles for accuracy
- Suggest possible sources and improvements for pieces
- Help gather supporting material, like images and illustrations
- Follow current events and developments and suggest original ideas
- Use social media and SEO to draw attention to articles
- Provide administrative support to editors
- A full job description is available for review
Clips of previous work are needed and can be sent to lirvin [ at ] abpg . com with the resume. No phone calls please.
ABPG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.