Have Halal, Will Travel (HHWT) is a platform dedicated to enabling Muslims to travel better. Our vision is to foster peace between people through travel - We believe that travel is a great way to break down stereotypes and biases that divide us.
We are a startup with a multi-cultural workplace consisting of people from various ethnic groups and religious beliefs. We work with international brands such as Visa International, Qatar Airways, Tourism Boards (Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong etc.) Uniqlo and Sony.
More about us
- Conceptualise, develop and execute a robust and sustainable editorial content strategy across all HHWT's properties. This is done in collaboration with the management team to ensure the direct engagement and relevance of existing and prospective audiences in order to generate growth and promote retention.
- Analyse, improve and optimise editorial processes to increase team effectiveness and overall productivity
- Build traffic and promote awareness through partnerships, SEO, social media marketing techniques etc.
- Establish a tight network of freelancers and community contributors for aggregated content
- Advance the company's digital business by building relationships with key clients while ensuring editorial sensibility and integrity.
- Collaborate closely with the global product & tech teams to conceive, develop and execute best-in-class product features. This could and may lead to localise products and extensions too.
- Work alongside the management team to develop and execute digital and off-line initiatives that engage and scale (eg. marketplace, events)
This is a full-time position based in SINGAPORE.
- Min 5 years of relevant newsroom experience, with extensive experience in editorial leadership. Ideal candidate has ran a team or newsroom.
- Avid traveller - local & international
- An understanding of how to interpret data, and the role it plays in helping form content strategy primed for performance. Experience working with digital KPIs.
- An eye for design (photos, videos, UX etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (Bahasa & English)
- Strong writing and proofreading skills (Bahasa)
- Experience managing editorial operationsExperience with publishing CMS (Wordpress / Drupal etc.)
- Proficient with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics etc.)
- Familiarity with SEO and social media platforms
- Must have a network of relationships with writers, contributors and content creators.
- Ability to flex between local and global sensibilities.
- Attention to detail
- BSc degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Bonus skills: photography, videography, design
- Familiarity with revenue models, including digital subscriptions, affiliate linking, and digital advertising, is a plus.
- Basic healthcare claims
- Remote work (COVID period)
- 14 days pro-rated annual leave after 3 months.