CBR is looking for Freelance Anime Features Writers to join our team and work with writers from all over the world! CBR is the oldest and most respected comic book culture website in the world. Our editorial team is looking for dedicated Anime and Manga experts to provide news coverage.
Are you a passionate Otaku dedicated to consuming, discussing and sharing every morsel of anime and manga the world has to offer? Do you have a broad knowledge base that covers everything from mainstream anime hits to the most hidden manga gems? If so, and you have proven experience writing about your obsession, CBR wants you to join our team! Help us spread the good word with YOUR words -- apply to join the CBR Team today!
CBR is looking for talented, experienced writers who love reading through piles of weekly Manga and bingeing Anime, identifying the most noteworthy happenings within them, and turning around insightful and interesting features to share with our community, all to tight deadlines and exacting standards.
Why Write For Us?
- One on one training and 4 weeks with a peer mentor
- Room for growth -- CBR makes every effort to promote from within
- Possibility to pitch ideas
- Incentive structure
- Slack community for support
- Several helpful guides that you can refer to even after training
- It’s fun!
- Write 10 Feature articles weekly, under a wide range of word counts
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in Anime
- Coordinate with Features Editors and Senior CBR Editors for assignments and feedback
- Cover Letter
- 2 - 3 sample titles you would present right now as suitable CBR feature pieces
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Broad working knowledge of old and current anime and manga
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
CBR welcomes everyone. We are striving for more representation on our site and we want to hear YOUR voice. We’re always looking for skilled and passionate writers to make an impact in the world of comics. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications containing relevant writing samples will be considered.
This is a contracted, work from home, freelance position