Data can be a huge advantage in business marketing. Here are 2022's most important B2B content marketing statistics.
Many B2B marketers and executives have no idea how content marketing impacts their success.
Using data to plan content allows you to ensure it's effective. You'll also have an idea of the type of content to invest in.
Here’s a list of the best B2B content marketing statistics, facts, and research.
General B2B Content Marketing Statistics
Content marketing for B2B can look different than content marketing for B2C, but you're still marketing to people.
- The B2B marketing teams with the highest success rates spend 40% of the marketing budget on content marketing.
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 93% of content on B2B sites receives no links from other sites.
- 77% of B2B agencies and companies offer an email newsletter as a major part of their content marketing plan.
- In 2019, 84.5% of American companies with 100 or more employees utilized digital content marketing strategies, while 87% of B2B companies used digital content marketing in the same year.
- The top 5 formats that B2B marketers used as a channel to distribute content for marketing purposes are email (93%), social media (92%), blog posts (79%) real-life and in-person events (56%), virtual events, and webinars (55%).
- Content Marketing Institute revealed that the most successful B2B companies and agencies use all 5 formats to distribute their content.
- Dropping one of these formats has negative results, as the least successful B2B brands used only 4 formats to distribute their content.
- Surprisingly, only 42% of B2B content marketing conduct audience research by speaking directly with their customers.
- As per Search Engine Watch, 66% of all B2B marketers use paid channels to distribute their content.
- 60% of customers consider inquiring and buying a product after reading any kind of content about it, based on a study done by Demand Metric.
- In 2014, the content marketing services business was expected to jump from 26.5 billion to hit the $50 billionbenchmark in 2019. However, it's currently projected to hit $105.28 billion in 2025, showing the huge growth in the content marketing industry.
- 92% of B2B and B2C marketers think of the content they produce as their most valuable marketing asset.
- Although content marketing costs 62% less money than traditional marketing techniques. However, studies found that marketing content generates three times as many leads as traditional marketing techniques.
- 76% of people expect brands to contribute to their well being and quality of life.
- 58% of content provided to customers is considered hollow and meaningless.
- The top 2 most outsourced content marketing activities in writing with 44% and graphic designing with 41%.
B2B Blogging and SEO Statistics
Videos and social media are growing, but SEO writing and blogging will still matter in 2022 and beyond.
A lot of data, numbers, and statistics support this claim. That's why most B2C and B2B marketers focus on SEO.
- B2B companies that offer consistent blogging have 67% more leads monthly, compared to companies that don’t blog regularly.
- According to 52% of B2B marketers, blogging is the most essential tactic for their success in content marketing.
- 59% of B2B marketers regard blogs as the most valuable channels.
- It takes 3 to 5 pieces of content before 40% of B2B buyers reach out to the seller.
- 75% of B2B marketers are more likely to use blogging for their social media content, while 61% of B2C marketers include blogs in their content.
- The average B2C blog post receives 9.7 times more shares than a blog published on B2B sites. However, the distribution of links and shares for both B2C and B2B customers appears to be similar.
- Only 2% of articles created by B2B brands result in 75% of the social shares of all B2B content.
- In 2018, it was found that 49% of B2C marketers rely on outsourcing agencies to create their content.
- 60 to 70% of the content produced by B2B marketers go unused.
- By 2020, It’s believed that the number of bloggers is set to reach more than 31.7 million.
- On average, blogs with relevant images receive 94% more views compared to articles without images.
- 68% of B2B and B2C marketers say that they plan to add more images in the future.
- On average, it takes a writer about 3 hours and 16 minutes to write an average-sized blog post.
- Bloggers who spend longer time creating their blog post (about 6 hours) are 56% more likely to receive better content marketing results than those who spend less time on their content creation.
- 50% of bloggers who create long-form blog posts are more likely to expect better content marketing results.
- Numbers in headlines are a work of magic, 36% of readers are more likely to pick and click an article with a number in the main title and headlines.
B2B Social Media Marketing Statistics
Social media have become one of the leading marketing strategies. Today, content marketing relies on utilizing social media, which is also a major distribution channel for content creators.
Let’s see what the data says about social media’s impact on content marketing.
- Social media comes third as the most effective type of content that B2B marketers use in their content marketing at 41%.
- More than 70% of B2B marketers who’ve been using social media for the last 12 months reported that it helped them improve sales.
- 45% of B2B marketers use social media sharing to measure the success of their marketing strategy. However, 60% still believe that web traffic is the golden standard and 51% rely on sales lead quality.
- On average, people spend about 2.5 hours daily on social media and social messaging.
- Facebook is currently the most utilized platform by both B2B and B2C marketing agencies.
- LinkedIn comes as the second most important platform for B2B agencies, While Instagram secures the second place for B2C brands.
- According to Facebook for Business, Facebook users can recall content after seeing it for only 0.25 seconds.
- Facebook users spend an average of 1.7 seconds looking at a given piece of content
- In 2018, 58% of customers reported that they prefer visual types of content on social media rather than written ones.
- In the same research, 59% of consumers said they’re looking for posts that teach them something new.
- 80% of social media marketers said that increasing their brand awareness is their main goal of social media marketing.
- 84% of B2B buyers constantly share business-related posts and content on LinkedIn.
- 78% of B2B marketing companies think that LinkedIn is the most powerful social marketing media platform for their type of content. Yet, Twitter comes second at 48%, and Facebook at 42%.
What You Should Take Away
Add value to your content, whether it is B2B or B2C. Create content to assist your ideal customers with their buying journey.
Consider using this data for your content marketing strategy and creating content that delivers results. Let us know if you need help with content production.